food interaction for KEFOTAX O
alcohol interaction for KEFOTAX O
pregnancy interaction for KEFOTAX O
lactation interaction for KEFOTAX O
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for KEFOTAX O
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for KEFOTAX O
- ZIFI 100 MG DRY SYRUP(30 ML dry syrup in bottle)FDC LtdRs. 2.09/ML of dry syrupRs. 62.65save 16% more per ML of dry syrup
- TAXIM O FORTE 100 MG DRY SYRUP(30 ML dry syrup in bottle)Alkem Laboratories LtdRs. 2.09/ML of dry syrupRs. 62.69save 16% more per ML of dry syrup
- OMNIX 100 MG DRY SYRUP(30 ML dry syrup in bottle)Cipla LtdRs. 2.09/ML of dry syrupRs. 62.68save 16% more per ML of dry syrup
- HIFEN 100 MG DRY SYRUP(30 ML dry syrup in bottle)Hetero Drugs LtdRs. 1.93/ML of dry syrupRs. 57.75save 23% more per ML of dry syrup
- EXTACEF DS 100 MG DRY SYRUP(30 ML dry syrup in bottle)Blue Cross Laboratories LtdRs. 1.97/ML of dry syrupRs. 59save 21% more per ML of dry syrup
- Dr. M. K. SinghMBBS, MD
- Dr. Sushila KatariaMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. Joy ChakrabortyMBBS, MD
- Dr. R. S. RawatMBBS, MD
- Dr. Kartavya ShahMBBS, DNB
Expert advice for KEFOTAX O
- Take caution when taking the medicine if you have liver or kidney disease or history of anemia.
- Take the tablets whole with a glass of water with or without food or milk. Do not crush or chew the tablets.
- The medicine works best if taken with meal or within 30 minutes of a meal.
- Talk to your doctor if you have kidney problems, inflammation of colon (colitis) or if you are taking medicines to thin the blood (e.g. warfarin).
- Do not take cefixime if you are allergic to it or to any type of cephalosporin or penicillin drugs.
- Do not take cefexime if you have allergic reaction (rash, swallowing or breathing problems, swelling of lips, face, tongue and throat).
- Do not give cefixime to a child less than 6 months of age.
Frequently asked questions for KEFOTAX O
Q.What is cefexime and what is it used for?
Cefexime (also available as Topcef/ Taxem/ Mahacef/ Zifi/ Suprax) is a cephalosporin antibiotic used for a variety of infections of the throat, chest and urinary tract and infections like typhoid or gonorrhea
Q.Is cefixime same as penicillin?
It is not penicillin
Q.Does it contain sulfur?
It does not contain sulfur
Q.Does cefexime affect birth control?
There is no evidence of cefexime affecting contraception. Please consult your doctor to confirm whether you require a secondary birth control measure while taking levofloxacin.