SALT INFORMATIONRosuvastatin(20 mg)
Rosuvastatin is used for the treatment and prevention of high cholesterol (hypercholesterolemia), high lipid levels (hyperlipidemia), and to lower the risk of stroke, heart attack, or other heart complications in people with type 2 diabetes, and disease of coronary artery of heart (coronary heart disease).
How it works
Rosuvastatin belongs to a group of medications called statins (lipid-lowering agents) or HMG CoA reductase inhibitors. It acts by blocking the enzyme HMG CoA reductase and formation of cholesterol, thus, lowering the blood lipid levels.
Common side effects
Difficulty in falling asleep, Memory loss, Headache, Abdominal pain, Aching joints/joint pains, Constipation, Cns depression, Stomach pain, Dizziness, Confusion
- ROSUVASTATIN 20MG TABLET(10 Tablet in Strip)Jan AushadhiRs. 2.78/TabletRs. 27.77save 79% more per Tablet
- ROSUVAS 20MG TABLET(10 Tablet in Strip)Ranbaxy Laboratories LtdRs. 28.95/TabletRs. 289.50pay 119% more per Tablet
- ROZAVEL 20MG TABLET(10 Tablet in Strip)Sun Pharma Laboratories LtdRs. 23.80/TabletRs. 238pay 80% more per Tablet
- ROSEDAY 20MG TABLET(10 Tablet in Strip)USV LtdRs. 15.78/TabletRs. 157.75pay 20% more per Tablet
- ROZUCOR 20MG TABLET(10 Tablet in Strip)Torrent Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 26.76/TabletRs. 267.65pay 103% more per Tablet
- Do not take antacids for atleast 2 hours before and after taking this drug.
- Consult your doctor if you develop sudden muscle pain, fever or weakness.
- Consult your doctor if you notice dark urine or yellowing of eyes or skin.
- Do not take rosuvastatin if you are allergic (hypersensitive) to rosuvastatin or any of the other ingredients of rosuvastatin.
- Do not take this drug if you are pregnant or breast-feeding.
- If you become pregnant while taking rosuvastatin stop taking it immediately and tell your doctor.
Frequently asked questions
Q. Is rosuvastatin/ Crestor/ Crevast F10/ Novastat TG available in in the United States?
Yes. It is available in United States with the name “Crestor”.
Q. Is rosuvastatin lipophilic?
No. It is hydrophilic in nature.
Q. Is rosuvastatin safe?
Rosuvastatin is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor.
Q. Is rosuvastatin gluten free?
Please refer to package insert of the prescribed brand for gluten related information.
Q. Is rosuvastatin better than simvastatin?
Rosuvastatin and simvastatin belong to same class of medication called as HMG CoA reductase inhibitor (or statins) with similar action but their effect may vary upon individual response.