Medicine Overview of Jumex Tablet
Uses of Jumex Tablet
Jumex 5mg Tablet is used in the treatment of Parkinson's disease.
Side effects of Jumex Tablet
Joint pain, Insomnia (difficulty in sleeping), Peripheral edema, Influenza like symptoms, Depression, Dyspepsia, Cough.
How to use Jumex Tablet
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. It is better to take Jumex 5mg Tablet with food.
How Jumex Tablet works
Jumex 5mg tablet works by increasing the amount of dopamine, a chemical messenger that is needed to control movement in the brain.
In Depth Information on Jumex Tablet
Expert advice for Jumex Tablet
- Inform the doctor if you are suffering from hypertension, chest pain, palpitation (thumping, pounding or fluttering sensation in the chest), irregular heartbeat (arrhythmia), liver or kidney problems, stomach ulcers, sleep problems, glucose intolerance, and phenylketonuria (an inherited condition in which a special diet must be followed to prevent mental retardation).
- Inform the doctor if you are being treated for any mental illness or have history of any unusual urges and/or behaviors (such as excessive gambling or excessive sexual behavior).
- Seek advice if you are planning to undergo any surgery as selegiline may interfere with general anaesthetics.
- Do not drink alcohol as it may worsen the side effects.
- Do not drive or operate any machinery if selegiline affects your alertness.
- At least 14 days should lapse between the discontinuation of selegiline and initiation of treatment with any drug known to interact with selegiline such as moclobemide, rasagiline, antidepressants, etc.
Special precautions for Jumex 5mg Tablet
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Jumex 5mg Tablet may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Jumex 5mg Tablet should be used with caution during lactatio+more
n. Breast feeding should be held until the treatment of the mother is completed and the drug is eliminated from her body....
Jumex 5mg Tablet may make you feel dizzy, sleepy, tired, or decrease alertness. If this happens, do not drive.+more
Caution is advised when driving or operating machinery....
Caution is advised when driving or operating machinery.
There is limited information available on the use of Jumex 5+more
mg Tablet in patients with kidney disease. Please consult your doctor....
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
Severely interacts with other drugs like
Tramazac HP 50mg Injection, Benadryl Dr Dry Cough Active Relief Syrup, PENTOREL 0.3MG/ML INJECTION, Evafem 2mg Tablet
Frequently asked questions for Jumex 5mg Tablet
Frequently asked questions for Selegiline
Jumex is safe if used at doses and for duration advised by your doctor
Jumex can stimulate the brain to cause mood changes, anxiety, agitation, hallucinations, confusion, sleep disturbances etc
Jumex is not addictive
Q. Is selegiline a dopamine agonist?
Selegiline is not a dopamine agonist. It enhances the action of dopamine (either natural dopamine or dopamine obtained from conversion of levodopa) in brain by preventing its breakdown
Jumex needs to be tapered and should not be suddenly stopped as it may cause fever, sweating, stiff muscles, and loss of consciousness if abruptly discontinued
Jumex is neuroprotective as it slows the progression of Parkinson's disease
Jumex causes weight loss.