Medicine Overview of Ivin Injection
Side effects of Ivin Injection
Hair loss, Peripheral neuropathy (tingling and numbness of feet and hand), Constipation.
How to use Ivin Injection
Your doctor or nurse will give you this medicine. Kindly do not self administer.
How Ivin Injection works
Ivin 1mg injection blocks replication of genetic material (DNA) in the cancer cells. Thus it stops the growth and multiplication of cancer cells.
In Depth Information on Ivin Injection
Expert advice for Ivin Injection
- Avoid being near people suffering from infections (such as, cold, flu, contagious illnesses), as you may be more susceptible to infections, while on vincristine therapy, because of possibility of leukopenia.
- Avoid even accidental contamination of eyes with vincristine as it may cause severe irritation.
- Vincristine may cause acute kidney disease (nephropathy) related to uric acid level.
- Care should be taken in elderly patients because they are more susceptible to neurotoxic effects of vincristine.
- In males, vincristine may cause aspermia (lack of semen causing infertility); in females vincristine may cause amenorrhea (absence of menstruation), which may recover after some duration.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Special precautions for Ivin 1mg Injection
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Ivin 1mg Injection is unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor....
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
Ivin 1mg Injection is probably safe to use during lactation.+more
Limited human data suggests that the drug does not represent a significant risk to the baby....
Ivin 1mg Injection may make you feel dizzy, sleepy, tired, or decrease alertness. If this happens, do not drive.+more
Advise patients not to drive or operate machinery if they experience any of these undesirable symptoms....
Advise patients not to drive or operate machinery if they experience any of these undesirable symptoms.
There is limited information available on the use of Ivin 1m+more
g Injection in patients with kidney disease. Please consult your doctor....
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
Frequently asked questions for Ivin 1mg Injection
Frequently asked questions for Vincristine
Ivin when used in combination with other drugs has shown to be cardiotoxic/ototoxic with unknown cause
Ivin is vinca alkaloid and not an alkylating agent/ an anthracycline
Ivin is a vesicant (irritant) and can cause damage to the blood vessels if it is not administered properly
Ivin does not bind to DNA
Ivin neuropathy is not reversible
Ivin is a FDA approved medication
Ivin is a cytotoxic drug
Q. Does Ivin cause hair loss/infertility/ lower blood counts/ neutropenia/ neuropathy/ fever/ nausea?
These side effects are commonly observed with the use of Ivin drug
Ivin works by interfering with the growth of cancer cells (mitotic inhibition) and slows their spread in the body by causing an arrest of cell division in metaphase
Ivin is a plant alkaloid comes from the source called Vinca rosea Linn.
Substitutes for Ivin Injection
Cytocristin Aqueous 1mg Injection
₹44.04/ml of Injection
Onvinc 1mg Injection
Neon Laboratories Ltd
Biocristin AQ 1mg Injection
Biochem Pharmaceutical Industries
₹48.38/ml of Injection
Vinlon 1mg Injection
Celon Laboratories Ltd
₹50.79/ml of Injection
Alcrist 1mg Injection
Alkem Laboratories Ltd