food interaction for ISMO
alcohol interaction for ISMO
pregnancy interaction for ISMO
lactation interaction for ISMO
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for ISMO
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for ISMO 10 TABLET
Patients taking ISMO 10 TABLET
- 75%Twice A Day
- 21%Once A Day
- 3%Thrice A Day
SUBSTITUTES for ISMO
- MONOTRATE 10 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 2.16/tabletRs. 21.63same price
- MONIT 10 MG TABLET(15 tablets in strip)Intas Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 2.16/tabletRs. 32.45same price
- ISONORM -10 TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Lupin LtdRs. 1.85/tabletRs. 18.50save 14% more per tablet
- MONOSORBITRATE 10 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Abbott India LtdRs. 2.14/tabletRs. 21.43save 1% more per tablet
- NITROFIX 10 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Micro Labs LtdRs. 2.14/tabletRs. 21.40save 1% more per tablet
- Dr. Rajneesh KapoorMBBS, MD, DNB
- Dr. Balbir SinghMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. Manjinder SandhuMBBS, MD, DNB, DM, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. Sumeet SethiMBBS, DNB, DM
- Dr. Monik MehtaMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship
Expert advice for ISMO
- Do not drink alcohol.
- Do not drive or operate machinery as the drug can make you dizzy or drowzy.
Frequently asked questions for ISMO
Q.Is isosorbide mononitrate a beta blocker/ a blood thinner/ a calcium channel blocker/a statin /ace inhibitor/ a diuretic/ a narcotic?
No, isosorbide mononitrate is vasodilator. It is not a beta blocker, a blood thinner, a calcium channel blocker, ace inhibitor/ a diuretic or a statin. It is not a narcotic but narcotic symptoms may develop in some people
Q.Does isosorbide mononitrate cause erectile dysfunction (ed)/ lower blood pressure/hair loss?
Isosorbide mononitrate does not cause erectile dysfunction but should not be used with the drugs such as Viagra used to treat ED. Low blood pressure is a common side effect of isosorbide mononitrate. Hair loss is not common, but may occur in some especially in older (60+) females
Q.Can isosorbide mononitrate be crushed/ cut half/ be split?
Do not crush, split, cut half or chew the isosorbide mononitrate tablets. Its efficacy may get reduce. Always follow your doctor’s advice regarding its use
Q.Is isosorbide mononitrate the same as isosorbide dinitrate?
Isosorbide mononitrate is the active metabolite of isosorbide dinitrate and is primarily used in the management of chronic stable angina. It has high bioavailability and a longer half-life (4-6 hours) than isosorbide dinitrate
Q.Can i take paracetamol with isosorbide mononitrate?
No interactions are found for paracetamol with isosorbide mononitrate, but it does not necessarily mean no interactions exist. Always consult with your doctor or pharmacist
Q.Can isosorbide mononitrate get you high?
No, isosorbide mononitrate does not get you high
Q.Can isosorbide mononitrate be taken at night?
It is better to take isosorbide mononitrate in the morning during the time patients are active and leave them drug free during sleep.