Medicine Overview of Ipratop Inhaler
Side effects of Ipratop Inhaler
Headache, Nausea, Dryness in mouth, Dizziness, Cough, Throat irritation.
How to use Ipratop Inhaler
Check the label for directions before use. Shake the inhaler. While you are breathing in from mouth, press down on the inhaler one time to release the medication and hold your breath for 10 seconds. Repeat until you have inhaled the number of puffs as suggested by the doctor.Afterwards, rinse your mouth thoroughly with water and spit it out.
How Ipratop Inhaler works
Ipratop 200mcg Inhaler works by decreasing the activity of acetylcholine on the lung. This relaxes and opens up the air passages to make breathing easier.
In Depth Information on Ipratop Inhaler
Expert advice for Ipratop Inhaler
- Appropriate administration of ipratropium with the inhaler is essential for a successful therapy.
- Doctor’s advice should be considered in case of patients with following history of disease conditions: cystic fibrosis (an inherited disease in which thick, sticky mucus builds up and that can damage many of the organs in the body) may be prone to gastrointestinal motility disturbances; glaucoma (increased pressure inside the eyes that causes visual problems), urinary problems or a prostate (a male reproductive organ) condition.
- Consult your doctor if you suffer from allergic (hypersensitivity) reactions such as urticaria, angioedema (swelling of lips and eyes), rash, bronchospasms (constriction of the air passages), oropharyngeal swelling and severe allergy (anaphylaxis).
- Consult your doctor if you suffer from irregular heartbeats after ipratropium nasal spray.
- Ipratropium inhalation sometimes causes wheezing and difficulty breathing immediately after it is inhaled. Consult your doctor immediately.
- Consult your doctor immediately, if you experience pain in the eye or discomfort, blurred vision, visual halos or colored images in association with red eyes due to conjunctival congestion and cornea swelling may be signs of acute narrow-angle glaucoma.
- Do not use your ipratropium inhalers when you are near a flame or source of heat. The inhaler may explode, if it is exposed to very high temperatures.
- Dizziness and blurred vision have been reported. If affected, the patient should be warned not to drive or operate machinery.
Ipratop Inhaler related warnings
Special precautions for Ipratop Inhaler
No interaction found
Ipratop 200mcg Inhaler is probably safe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
Ipratop 200mcg Inhaler is probably safe to use during lactat+more
ion. Limited human data suggests that the drug does not represent a significant risk to the baby....
Do not drive unless you are feeling well.+more
You may feel dizzy, or have difficulty in focusing, or blurred vision while taking Ipratop 200mcg Inhaler...
You may feel dizzy, or have difficulty in focusing, or blurred vision while taking Ipratop 200mcg Inhaler
Ipratop 200mcg Inhaler is probably safe to use in patients w+more
ith kidney disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Ipratop 200mcg Inhaler may not be needed in these patients. Please consult your doctor....
There is limited information available on the use of Ipratop+more
200mcg Inhaler in patients with liver disease. Please consult your doctor....
If you miss a dose of Ipratropium, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular schedule. Do not double the dose.
Frequently asked questions about Ipratop Inhaler
Frequently asked questions about Ipratropium
No, Ipratop is not a steroid
No, Ipratop is not a narcotic
Q. Does it contain opium?
It does not contain opium or its derivative
Ipratop has no known effects on weight gain
Yes, constipation is a known side effect of Ipratop
Ipratop may sometimes cause tachycardia (increased heart rate) in some patients. It is not a common side effect of Ipratop
Ipratop has no known effects on blood pressure
Q. Is ipratropium bromide the same as albuterol?
Ipratropium bromide and albuterol are 2 different medicines. They have the same action. They relax the air passages and make breathing easier (bronchodilators)
Q. Does ipratropium/ ipratropium bromide contain albuterol?
Combination medicines containing both ipratropium bromide and albuterol sulphate are available to treat asthma and associated conditions
Q. Is ipratropium bromide the same as budesonide?
Ipratropium/ipratropium bromide and budesonide belong to different class of medicines but both are used either alone or in combination to treat bronchitis, asthma and associated conditions
Yes, Ipratop/ Ipratop bromide is a bronchodilator used to treat bronchitis, asthma and associated conditions
No, Ipratop/ Ipratop bromide is a short-acting bronchodilator
Ipratop is neither antihistamine nor an antibiotic. It belongs to a class of anticholinergic bronchodilators
Yes, Ipratop/ Ipratop bromide is a short-acting anticholinergic bronchodilator
Yes, Ipratop is safely used in infants. . Patients should follow advice of the doctor regarding its use
No, Ipratop is a bronchodilator for the maintenance treatment of bronchospasm. It is not indicated for the initial treatment of acute episodes of bronchospasm where rescue therapy is required
Yes, Ipratop bromide can be used alone as a maintenance therapy in the treatment of bronchospasm, asthma and other associated conditions
Yes, Ipratop bromide formulations have an expiry date. Please Read the details on the package for the correct expiry date.
User Submitted Feedback For Ipratop 200mcg Inhaler
What are you using this medicine for?
Survey Participants: 1
“The following are the results of on-going survey on 1mg.com for Ipratop 200mcg Inhaler. These results only indicate the perceptions of the website users. Please base your medical decisions only on the advice of a doctor or a registered medical professional.”
Substitutes for Ipratop
No substitutes found for this medicine