Medicine Overview of Ipneb Solution
Side effects of Ipneb Solution
Headache, Nausea, Dry mouth, Dizziness, Cough, Throat irritation.
How to use Ipneb Solution
Use this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Check the label for directions before use.
How Ipneb Solution works
Ipneb solution works by decreasing the activity of acetylcholine on the lung. This relaxes and opens up the air passages to make breathing easier.
In Depth Information on Ipneb Solution
Expert advice for Ipneb Solution
- Appropriate administration of ipratropium with the inhaler is essential for a successful therapy.
- Doctor’s advice should be considered in case of patients with following history of disease conditions: cystic fibrosis (an inherited disease in which thick, sticky mucus builds up and that can damage many of the organs in the body) may be prone to gastrointestinal motility disturbances; glaucoma (increased pressure inside the eyes that causes visual problems), urinary problems or a prostate (a male reproductive organ) condition.
- Consult your doctor if you suffer from allergic (hypersensitivity) reactions such as urticaria, angioedema (swelling of lips and eyes), rash, bronchospasms (constriction of the air passages), oropharyngeal swelling and severe allergy (anaphylaxis).
- Consult your doctor if you suffer from irregular heartbeats after ipratropium nasal spray.
- Ipratropium inhalation sometimes causes wheezing and difficulty breathing immediately after it is inhaled. Consult your doctor immediately.
- Consult your doctor immediately, if you experience pain in the eye or discomfort, blurred vision, visual halos or colored images in association with red eyes due to conjunctival congestion and cornea swelling may be signs of acute narrow-angle glaucoma.
- Do not use your ipratropium inhalers when you are near a flame or source of heat. The inhaler may explode, if it is exposed to very high temperatures.
- Dizziness and blurred vision have been reported. If affected, the patient should be warned not to drive or operate machinery.
Special precautions for Ipneb Solution
No interaction found
Ipneb Solution is probably safe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
Ipneb Solution is safe to use during lactation. Human studi+more
es have shown that either the drug does not pass into the breastmilk in significant amount or is not expected to cause toxicity to the baby....
Ipneb Solution may make you feel dizzy, sleepy, tired, or decrease alertness. If this happens, do not drive.+more
Patients should not drive or operate machinery if they get affected symptoms like dizziness, blurred vision....
Patients should not drive or operate machinery if they get affected symptoms like dizziness, blurred vision.
There is limited information available on the use of Ipneb S+more
olution in patients with kidney disease. Please consult your doctor....
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
If you miss a dose of Ipratropium, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular schedule. Do not double the dose.
Frequently asked questions for Ipneb 250mcg Solution
Frequently asked questions for Ipratropium
No, Ipneb is not a steroid
No, Ipneb is not a narcotic
Q. Does it contain opium?
It does not contain opium or its derivative
Ipneb has no known effects on weight gain
Yes, constipation is a known side effect of Ipneb
Ipneb may sometimes cause tachycardia (increased heart rate) in some patients. It is not a common side effect of Ipneb
Ipneb has no known effects on blood pressure
Q. Is ipratropium bromide the same as albuterol?
Ipratropium bromide and albuterol are 2 different medicines. They have the same action. They relax the air passages and make breathing easier (bronchodilators)
Q. Does ipratropium/ ipratropium bromide contain albuterol?
Combination medicines containing both ipratropium bromide and albuterol sulphate are available to treat asthma and associated conditions
Q. Is ipratropium bromide the same as budesonide?
Ipratropium/ipratropium bromide and budesonide belong to different class of medicines but both are used either alone or in combination to treat bronchitis, asthma and associated conditions
Yes, Ipneb/ Ipneb bromide is a bronchodilator used to treat bronchitis, asthma and associated conditions
No, Ipneb/ Ipneb bromide is a short-acting bronchodilator
Ipneb is neither antihistamine nor an antibiotic. It belongs to a class of anticholinergic bronchodilators
Yes, Ipneb/ Ipneb bromide is a short-acting anticholinergic bronchodilator
Yes, Ipneb is safely used in infants. . Patients should follow advice of the doctor regarding its use
No, Ipneb is a bronchodilator for the maintenance treatment of bronchospasm. It is not indicated for the initial treatment of acute episodes of bronchospasm where rescue therapy is required
Yes, Ipneb bromide can be used alone as a maintenance therapy in the treatment of bronchospasm, asthma and other associated conditions
Yes, Ipneb bromide formulations have an expiry date. Please Read the details on the package for the correct expiry date.