Medicine Overview of Interiglin Infusion
Uses of Interiglin Infusion
Interiglin 0.75mg Infusion is used in the treatment of Unstable Angina.
Side effects of Interiglin Infusion
Bleeding, Decreased blood pressure.
How to use Interiglin Infusion
Your doctor or nurse will give you this medicine. Kindly do not self-administer.
How Interiglin Infusion works
Interiglin 0.75mg infusion prevents platelets from sticking together, which in turn lowers the formation of blood clots.
In Depth Information on Interiglin Infusion
Expert advice for Interiglin Infusion
- Eptifibatide may reduce the number of blood cells that are needed for clotting. Avoid situations where bruising or injury may occur. Report any unusual bleeding, bruising, blood in stools, or dark tarry stools to your doctor.
- Before and during your treatment with eptifibatide samples of your blood will be tested as a safety measure to limit the possibility of unexpected bleeding.
- Eptifibatide should be used with caution in the elderly, female patients and patients with low body weight because of the risk of bleeding.
- Tell your doctor if you are using medicines to thin the blood (anticoagulants) such as warfarin, aspirin etc.
- Talk to your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- Consult your doctor if you are taking anticoagulants (e.g. warfarin, heparin, aspirin, and dipyridamole) or painkillers (e.g. ibuprofen) or thrombolytics (e.g. alteplase) because of increased risk of bleeding.
Special precautions for Interiglin 0.75mg Infusion
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
Interiglin 0.75mg Infusion is probably safe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
Interiglin 0.75mg Infusion should be used with caution durin+more
g lactation. Breast feeding should be held until the treatment of the mother is completed and the drug is eliminated from her body....
Not relevant, as Interiglin 0.75mg Infusion is intended for use in hospitalised patients.
Interiglin 0.75mg Infusion is probably unsafe to use in patients with kidney disease and should be avoided. Please consult your doctor.+more
Contraindicated in patients with severe renal impairment....
Contraindicated in patients with severe renal impairment.
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
If you miss a dose of Eptifibatide, please consult your doctor.
Frequently asked questions for Interiglin 0.75mg Infusion
Frequently asked questions for Eptifibatide
Interiglin is a thrombolytic drug and belongs to a class of drugs called Glycoprotein IIb/IIIa inhibitors. It works by inhibiting platelet aggregation and thus prevents blockage of blood vessels due to formation of blood clots.