food interaction for INTACEPT
alcohol interaction for INTACEPT
pregnancy interaction for INTACEPT
lactation interaction for INTACEPT
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR INTACEPT
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR INTACEPT
- ETACEPT 25 MG INJECTION(3 ML injection in vial)Cipla LtdRs. 2291.67/ML of injectionRs. 6875save 58% more per ML of injection
Expert advice FOR INTACEPT
- Do not start etanercept if you have infection, history of recurrent infection, diabetes, allergic reaction, about to have surgery, had inflammation of liver (hepatitis B or C), multiple sclerosis, optic neuritis (inflammation of the nerves of the eyes) or transverse myelitis (inflammation of the spinal cord), had congestive heart failure, lymphoma (a type of blood), alcohol abuse, have Wegener’s granulomatosis (disorder causing inflammation of blood vessels).
- Seek immediate medical attention if you suffer from allergic reactions (dizziness, rash, chest tightness, or wheezing), see signs of tuberculosis (persistent cough, weight loss, listlessness, mild fever), blood disorders (persistent fever, bleeding, sore throat, bruising, or paleness), chicken pox, diarrhea, abdominal cramps and pain, weight loss, or blood in the stool.
- Make sure that your child has taken all vaccinations before taking etanercept.
- Take special precautions if you suffer from swallowing or breathing troubles, swelling of the face, hands, throat, or feet, feeling nervous or anxious, sudden reddening of the skin and/or a warm feeling, throbbing sensations, severe rash, itching, or hives (elevated patches of red or pale skin that often itch) after taking etanercept.
- Etanercept is not recommended in children with all types of arthritis. Consult your doctor before giving etanercept.
Frequently asked questions FOR INTACEPT
Q. Is etanercept a disease-modifying anti-rheumatic drug?
Yes, etanercept is a disease-modifying anti-rheumatic drug
Q. Is etanercept a steroid or monoclonal antibody?
Etanercept is not a steroid or monoclonal antibody. It is a recombinant human protein and TNF inhibitor
Q. Is etanercept safe?
Etanercept is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q. Does etanercept cause weight gain or hair loss?
Etanercept can cause weight gain and hair loss
Q. How long does etanercept take to work?
Etanercept can start action in few days but usually it takes around 2-12 weeks to work for complete action.