food interaction for INMECIN P
alcohol interaction for INMECIN P
pregnancy interaction for INMECIN P
lactation interaction for INMECIN P
Taking indomethacin with alcohol can increase the risk of stomach bleeding.
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for INMECIN P
How it works
Common side effects
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for INMECIN PNo substitutes found
- Dr. Sri Ram GargMBBS
- Dr. Sumeet AgrawalMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Rajiva GuptaMBBS, DNB, MD, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. Divya AgarwalMBBS, MD, DNB
- Dr. Rajkumari Bhagati DarMBBS, MD, Fellowship
Expert advice for INMECIN P
- Take the drug with meals or a snack to prevent a stomach upset.
- The drug can cause stomach ulcers and bleeding. Do not take this drug with other blood thinners without talking to your doctor.
- Consult your doctor immediately, if you have symptoms of bleeding in your stomach or intestines.( black, bloody, or tarry stools, or coughing up blood or vomit that looks like coffee grounds).
- Do not use this medicine just before or after having heart bypass surgery.
- Do not exceed the recommended dose or duration of treatment. You might be at small increased risk of heart attack (‘myocardial infarction’) or stroke.
- Indomethacin can cause headaches, dizziness, drowsiness and visual disturbances in some people. If this happens to you, avoid activities which require you to be alert; for example, driving a car and operating machinery.
- If you are epileptic.
- If you have parkinson’s disease.
- If you have a psychiatric problem.
- If you have heart disease, high blood pressure or have a tendency for fluid retention.
- If you are being treated for infection or you have a fever.
- If you know you suffer from asthma, digestive tract, liver or kidney disease, diabetes or heart failure.
- If you have a problem with your blood clotting.
- If you notice any change in your vision especially during chronic inflammatory disorder that typically affects the joints in your hands and feet (rheumatoid arthritis).
- If you are planning to become pregnant or if you have problems becoming pregnant as Indomethacin may make it more difficult to become pregnant.
Frequently asked questions for INMECIN P
Q.Is indomethacin an antibiotic/steroid/ OTC drug/ addictive/ a blood thinner/ contain sulfa/ contain aspirin?
No, indomethacin is not an antibiotic nor a steroid. It does not contain sulfur or aspirin. It is not an OTC drug. It is not a blood thinner, but it may enhance the effect of anticoagulants (blood thinners). It can be an addictive drug for some people, and this is why you should ensure regularly check up with your doctor
Q.Is indomethacin is good for gout/ back pain/tooth pain/ headache?
Indomethacin is primarily used to treat chronic inflammatory disorder that typically affects the joints in your hands and feet. It can be used for gout and back pain. It is not choice of drug for tooth pain and headach
Q.Is indomethacin safe?
Indomethacin is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.Is indomethacin stronger than ibuprofen/ naproxen?
Indomethacin and ibuprofen/ naproxen belong to same category of drugs and are equally effective and safe. Always follow doctor's advice regarding its use
Q.What is Indocap SR/ is it a pain killer?
Indocap SR is a brand name for indomethacin. It is a pain killer
Q.Can I take naproxen/ Colcrys or colchicine/ Aleve/ paracetamol/ Tylenol/ Tramadol/ Allopurinol /Advil/ ibuprofen/ Vicodin/ hydrocodone/ Percocet/ Coudamin/ aspirin/ percocet+B5879?
Yes, you can take indomethacin with Colcrys or colchicine/ Aleve/ paracetamol/ Tylenol/Tramadol/ Allopurinol / Percocet/ Hydrocodone. You should avoid taking indomethacin with naproxen, ibuprofen or Advil, Coudamin, aspirin, because these drugs interact with indomethaci
Q.Does indomethacin raise blood pressure/ reduce uric acid levels/ make you sleepy or dizzy/ cause weight gain/ hair loss/ affect birth control?
Indomethacin doesn't affect birth control, if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor. It may cause common side effects such as dizziness, uncommon like high blood pressure, drowsiness (feeling sleepy) and rare side effects like hair loss, weight gain, reduce uric acid level. Please contact your doctor for advice if you experience them.
Q.Is paracetamol safe/ banned/ available in India?
Paracetamol (also known as acetaminophen, crocin, dolo, calpol, pacimol) is an over-the-counter drug available in India. It is generally safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.Is paracetamol a painkiller/ used for cold?
Paracetamol is used to relieve mild to moderate pain associated with cold and flu, as well as fever
Q.Does paracetamol make you drowsy / sleepy?
Paracetamol does not cause drowsiness. However, paracetamol is available in combination with cough and cold medicines (eg. cetirizine, chlorpheniramine), which may cause drowsiness or sleepiness
Q.Is paracetamol an NSAID/ antibiotic?
Paracetamol is a anti-pyretic (anti-fever), anti -inflammatory drug, which belongs to the category of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID). However, unlike other NSAIDS, paracetamol can relieve only mild to moderate pain. It is not an antibiotic
Q.Can I take crocin with cetirizine/ aceclofenac/ amoxicillin/ codeine/ tramadol/ warfarin/ erythromycin/ antibiotics?
Yes, paracetamol (available as crocin) can be taken with all of these drugs. Caution is advised when crocin is to be used with warfarin. However, always consult your doctor regarding combined use of crocin with any other drug
Q.Can I take crocin with ibuprofen/naproxen/other NSAID?
Paracetamol (available as crocin) is available over-the-counter in combination with ibuprofen/naproxen/other NSAID. However, always consult your doctor regarding combined use of crocin with any other drug
Q.Does paracetamol cause death?
Paracetamol on overdose can severely damage the liver and cause death. No more than 4 grams should be consumed in one day. Always consult your doctor regarding use of paracetamol
Q.Can calpol make babies/ toddlers sleep/ help in teething pain?
Calpol can relieve pain in infants and children; it does not make them sleep.