food interaction for INFLACOL
alcohol interaction for INFLACOL
pregnancy interaction for INFLACOL
lactation interaction for INFLACOL
medicine interaction for INFLACOL
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR INFLACOL
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR INFLACOL
- MESACOL 400MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 7.87/tabletRs. 78.71same price
- WALASA 400 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Wallace Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 7.12/tabletRs. 71.16save 9% more per tablet
- ASACOL 400 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Win-Medicare Pvt LtdRs. 21.73/tabletRs. 217.30pay 177% more per tablet
- MEZAKOOL 400MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Alembic Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 7/tabletRs. 70save 11% more per tablet
- MESALACURE 400MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Emcure Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 8/tabletRs. 80pay 2% more per tablet
Expert advice FOR INFLACOL
- Do not take the medicine if you are allergic to mesalazine, to any other content in the medicine, aspirin and other salicylate drugs.
- Do not take mesalazine if you have severe kidney or liver problems, blood disorders or uncontrolled bleeding.
- Do not take mesalazine if you have stomach or bowel ulcers or a history of bleeding ulcers, glucose-galactose mala absorption, Lapp-lactase deficiency or galactose intolerance.
- Doctor’s advice should be considered in case of patients with liver, kidney or lung disease (asthma).
- Avoid taking mesalazine if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or breast-feeding.
Frequently asked questions FOR INFLACOL
Q. Is mesalazine a steroid, NSAID, immunosuppressant, blood-thinner or sulfa drug?
Mesalazine is not a steroid, NSAID, immunosuppressant, blood-thinner or sulfa drug. It is an anti-inflammatory drug
Q. Can I take mesalazine forever?
No. Mesalazine should only be taken for the duration prescribed by your doctor
Q. Is mesalazine safe?
Yes. Mesalazine is relatively safe if used as recommended. In case of any side-effects, consult your doctor
Q. Can I take Asacol with Advil, Nyquil, tylenol, aspirin, Gaviscon, Imodium?
Asacol (mesalazine) can be taken with Nyquil, Tylenol (paracetamol), Gaviscon (sodium alginate) and Imodium (loperamide) only if prescribed by your doctor. It should not be taken with Advil (ibuprofen) or aspirin
Q. Does mesalazine cause bleeding, weight gain, hair loss, immune suppression or liver problems?
Mesalazine may cause liver problems, immune suppression, hair loss, or bleeding. If you experience any such symptoms, please consult your doctor
Q. Does mesalazine affect fertility or sperm count?
There is no evidence of mesalazine affecting fertility, but it may very rarely and reversibly reduce sperm count. If you experience any such problems, please consult your doctor.