food interaction for IMCI
alcohol interaction for IMCI
pregnancy interaction for IMCI
lactation interaction for IMCI
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for IMCI
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for IMCI
- CILANE MONO 500MG INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 1270.80/injectionRs. 1270.80pay 22% more per injection
- CIMISPECT 500MG INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Chandra Bhagat Pharma Pvt LtdRs. 1250/injectionRs. 1250pay 20% more per injection
- IC2 500MG INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Unimark Remedies LtdRs. 1295/injectionRs. 1295pay 25% more per injection
- Dr. Prabhat Kumar JhaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Sushila KatariaMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. Joy ChakrabortyMBBS, MD
- Dr. R. S. RawatMBBS, MD
- Dr. P. R. AryanMBBS, Diploma
Expert advice for IMCI
- Imipenem is given as a powder for solution for intravenous infusion by a doctor or nurse using a suitable infusion fluid.
- Do not start or continue the imipenem, if you have kidney, liver, or urinary problems; history of fits (seizures) or central nervous system problems (e.g. tremors).
- Do not take imipenem if you experience inflammation of the large intestine (colitis) or any other gastrointestinal disease.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery because you may feel sleepy or dizzy while being treated with imipenem.
- Avoid using imipenem, if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for IMCI
Q.Is imipenem a penicillin or beta lactam drug?
Imipenem is not a penicillin drug. It is a carbapenem beta-lactam antibiotic
Q.Is imipenem nephrotoxic or cause seizures?
Ganciclovir along with imipenem can increase risk of seizures. Imipenem generally not been shown to cause nephrotoxicity. Please consult your doctor if you experience these side effects
Q.What is imipenem-cilastatin used for?
Imipenem and cilastatin are used as combination therapy for bacterial infections. Cilastatin reduces the inactivation of imipenem from enzymes released from kidney and extends their spectrum of activity
Q.What organisms does imipenem cover?
Imipenem is active against most of the gram-positive and gram-negative bacteria, aerobes as well as anaerobes. It is effective against pseudomonas, legionella, and acinetobacter, and many other; not treatable by other antibiotics.