food interaction for ICUBAC
alcohol interaction for ICUBAC
pregnancy interaction for ICUBAC
lactation interaction for ICUBAC
medicine interaction for ICUBAC
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR ICUBAC
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR ICUBAC
- MERO 500MG INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 378.50/injectionRs. 378.50save 71% more per injection
- MERONEM 500 MG INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Astra ZenecaRs. 1475/injectionRs. 1475pay 11% more per injection
- MEROTROL 500 MG INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Lupin LtdRs. 548/injectionRs. 548save 59% more per injection
- MEROTEC 500MG INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Zuventus Healthcare LtdRs. 449.40/injectionRs. 449.40save 66% more per injection
- MEROMAC 500 MG INJECTION(5 ML injection in vial)Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 69.80/ML of injectionRs. 349save 95% more per ML of injection
Expert advice FOR ICUBAC
- If you have kidney or liver problems.
- If you have a history of seizures or central nervous system problems (e.g. brain lesions).
- If you experience severe and persistent diarrhea after taking antibiotics.
- If you are taking other drugs like probenecid, valproic acid, or oral anticoagulants like warfarin.
- If you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions FOR ICUBAC
Q. Is meropenem a penicillin, cephalosporin, or beta lactam drug?
Meropenem is not a penicillin or cephalosporin drug. It is a carbapenem beta-lactam antibiotic
Q. Is meropenem safe?
Meropenem is relatively safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q. Is meropenem dialyzable?
Yes, meropenem is dialyzable
Q. Is meropenem compatible with vancomycin, or potassium?
Meropenem may be compatible with potassium or vancomycin. Please consult your doctor before taking the drug
Q. Is meropenem nephrotoxic, vesicant or cause thrombocytopenia?
Meropenem may be nephrotoxic, vesicant, and may cause thrombocytopenia. Please consult your doctor if you experience these side effects
Q. What organisms does meropenem cover?
Meropenem is active against gram-positive and gram-negative bacteria, aerobes as well as anaerobes. It is effective against enterococcus, streptococcus, and methicillin-sensitive Staphylococcus aureus (MSSA), but not effective against listeria or methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus.