Medicine Overview of Huminsulin R Injection
Side effects of Huminsulin R Injection
Hypoglycemia (low blood sugar level), Injection site allergic reaction.
How to use Huminsulin R Injection
Your doctor or nurse will give you this medicine. Kindly do not self administer.
How Huminsulin R Injection works
Huminsulin r 100iu/ml injection is a short-acting insulin. It works similar to insulin produced by the body. Insulin facilitates reuptake of glucose in muscle and fat cell and also block the release of glucose from the liver.
In Depth Information on Huminsulin R Injection
Expert advice for Huminsulin R Injection
- Take special precautions while taking insulin glargine if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant or breastfeeding; if you are suffering from kidney or liver problems; diabetes.
- Avoid drinking alcohol while taking insulin.
- Stop and contact your doctor if you experience any allergic reactions such as redness, swelling, rash and itching at the injection site, rash, itching or hives on the skin, wheezing or difficulty breathing, swelling of the face, lips, tongue or other parts of the body; experiencing low blood sugar levels (hypoglycemia; signs such as as cold sweat; cool pale skin, headache, rapid heartbeat, feeling sick, feeling very hungry, temporary changes in vision, drowsiness, unusual tiredness and weakness; nervousness or tremor, feeling anxious, feeling confused, difficulty in concentrating) ask your doctor whether you can drive a car or operate a machine; if you have frequent hypoglycemia (low blood sugar levels); or if you find it hard to recognize hypoglycemia (low blood sugar levels).
- Inform your doctor about all the medicines you take, including vitamins and herbal supplements.
- Inform your doctor if you are having surgery, including dental surgery, that you are using insulin.
- Insulin preparations are meant to be injected under the layer of skin. Do not inject it into a vein or a muscle.
- Insulin should be injected at a 90 degree angle. The best sites for injection are the upper outer thighs, upper arms, buttocks and abdomen.
- With each injection, change the injection site within the particular area of skin to reduce the risk of developing lumps or skin pitting.Consult your doctor on how often you should check your blood sugar.
- Do not use if insulin preparation is no longer clear and colorless or if it contains particles.
- Eat a meal or snack containing carbohydrates within 30 minutes of the injection to avoid low blood sugar. If you experience any symptoms of hypoglycemia, you need to raise your blood sugar urgently by eating sugars or carbohydrates.
- Precaution must be taken while driving or handling machines as your ability to concentrate or react may be reduced if you suffer from low/high blood sugar levels or you have problems with your sight while on insulin therapy.
Special precautions for Huminsulin R 100IU/ml Injection
Taking Insulin regular with alcohol may reduce the blood sugar levels in diabetic patients.
Huminsulin R 100IU/ml Injection is probably safe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
Huminsulin R 100IU/ml Injection is safe to use during lactat+more
ion. Human studies have shown that either the drug does not pass into the breastmilk in significant amount or is not expected to cause toxicity to the baby....
Your ability to drive may be affected if your blood sugar is+more
low or high. If this happens, do not drive....
Huminsulin R 100IU/ml Injection should be used with caution in patients with kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Huminsulin R 100IU/ml Injection may be needed. Please consult your doctor.+more
Regular monitoring of blood glucose levels is recommended for dose adjustment....
Regular monitoring of blood glucose levels is recommended for dose adjustment.
Huminsulin R 100IU/ml Injection should be used with caution in patients with liver disease. Dose adjustment of Huminsulin R 100IU/ml Injection may be needed. Please consult your doctor.+more
Regular monitoring of glucose levels is recommended for dose adjustment....
Regular monitoring of glucose levels is recommended for dose adjustment.
Severely interacts with other drugs like
R Pril 1.25mg Tablet, Ramistar Tablet, Reopres 10mg Tablet, Reopres 2.5mg Tablet
Frequently asked questions for Huminsulin R 100IU/ml Injection
Frequently asked questions for Insulin Regular
Q. Is insulin safe for type 2 diabetes mellitus?
Yes,insulin is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor. Insulin is safe for treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus if used as advised by your doctor
Q. Is insulin water soluble?
Yes,insulin is a water soluble hormone naturally produced by the body
Q. Is insulin a protein and a macromolecule?
Yes,insulin is a protein chain or peptide hormone. Proteins are very large complex macromolecules, and insulin being a protein chain is a macromolecule (53 amino acids with high molecular weight)
Q. Is insulin injection painful?
No, insulin injection is not painful. If you experience pain while injecting consult your doctor and check if your injection techniques are correct
Q. Is insulin better than pills?
Insulin and antidiabetic pills are used in the treatment of diabetes. Both produce same effects of lowering blood sugar levels. Your doctor may advise the right kind of treatment for your type of diabetes
Q. Is insulin resistance reversible?
Insulin resistance (body produces insulin but does not use it effectively) may or may not be reversible condition depending on the stage at which it is detected
Q. What can I take for insulin resistance?
Insulin resistance can be managed by antidiabetic medications or insulin therapy. Your doctor may advise the right kind of treatment for your insulin resistance states
Q. Can I take insulin with Victoza (liraglutide)?
Victoza (liraglutide) is an antidiabetic therapy. Liraglutide together with insulin can increase the risk of hypoglycemia, or low blood sugar. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding insulin use with Victoza
Q. Can I take insulin with metformin?
Metformin is an antidiabetic medicine. Metformin together with insulin can increase the risk of hypoglycemia, or low blood sugar. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding insulin use with metformin
Q. Can I take insulin with Januvia (sitagliptin)/ glipizide/ glyburide?
Januvia (sitagliptin)/ glipizide/ glyburide is an oral antidiabetic medicine. Januvia (sitagliptin)/ glipizide/ glyburide together with insulin can increase the risk of hypoglycemia, or low blood sugar. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding insulin use with Januvia (sitagliptin)/ glipizide/ glyburide
Q. Can I take ibuprofen with insulin?
There is no known interaction of insulin with ibuprofen. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding insulin use with ibuprofen
Q. Can I take Benadryl (diphenhydramine) with insulin?
There are no known interactions of insulin with Benadryl (diphenhydramine). Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding insulin use with Benadryl (diphenhydramine)
Q. Can I take aspirin with insulin?
Aspirin together with insulin can increase the risk of hypoglycemia, or low blood sugar. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding insulin use with aspirin
Q. Does insulin pen need to be refrigerated?
Insulin pens only require refrigeration until their first use. After the initial use, it must be kept at a room temperature
Q. Does insulin/ Lantus insulin cause weight gain?
Insulin may or may not cause weight gain. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use
Q. Does insulin cause constipation?
There are no known effects of insulin on constipation
Q. Does insulin affect kidneys?
There are no known effects of insulin on kidney function. Excessively high blood sugar levels, uncontrolled diabetes and inappropriate action of natural insulin may affect your kidneys
Q. Does insulin make you hungry?
Insulin helps your body use food more efficiently. Therefore you might feel hungry.
User Submitted Feedback For Huminsulin R 100IU/ml Injection
Patients taking Huminsulin R 100IU/ml Injection
Once A Day
Thrice A Day
Twice A Day
What are you using this medicine for?
Type 1 diabetes
Type 2 diabetes
Survey Participants: 3
“The following are the results of on-going survey on 1mg.com for Huminsulin R 100IU/ml Injection. These results only indicate the perceptions of the website users. Please base your medical decisions only on the advice of a doctor or a registered medical professional.”
One of the following vendor pharmacies will deliver Huminsulin R 100IU/ml Injection: 9T9, LCC, HIP, MOM, AYU, ENP, PSP, GNC, KHH, LHA, BIO, RUS, STA, AGT, DDR, PTS, DFP, MMS, GTK, RJH, OLT, BTM, FGH, EQN, MAK, JIV, ZVP, SBL, PEN, ADT, USF, NVL, JMJ, NDP, NWP, OIP, BSN, HEX, GPT, MAX, DPP, HBV, OHM, RSS, DYG, GTC, IPL, DLP, BLP, DEL, SHP, HGI, SAT, PLT, ATP, SSA, EMB, BDN, PNT, SBA, MPC, OWP, RPP, SWA, AAY, RKS, SHM, ATL, WSI, SJP
Substitutes for Huminsulin R
No substitutes found for this medicine