Medicine Overview of Himycin Eye Ointment
Uses of Himycin Eye Ointment
Himycin 10mg Eye Ointment is used in the treatment of conjunctivitis.
How to use Himycin Eye Ointment
This medicine is for external use only. Take it in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Check the label for directions before use. Hold the tube close to the eye/ear without touching it. Gently squeeze the tube and place the medicine inside the lower eyelid or ear. Wipe off extra liquid.
How Himycin Eye Ointment works
Himycin 10mg eye ointment belongs to a class of medications called as macrolide antibiotics. It works by interfering with formation of essential protein (protein synthesis) thereby preventing the bacteria from growing and reproducing.
In Depth Information on Himycin Eye Ointment
Expert advice for Himycin Eye Ointment
- Azithromycin eye drops are meant for topical ophthalmic use only. In case of accidental consumption, contact your doctor immediately.
- Be sure to use azithromycin drops for the full course of treatment and avoid prolonged use of azithromycin eye drops as long-term or repeated use may cause a secondary infection.
- Discontinue use and contact your doctor immediately if the infection worsens.
- Do not wear contact lenses while on azithromycin therapy.
- Do not drive or use any machinery after using azithromycin eye drops as may cause blurred vision.
- Consult your doctor before using azithromycin eye drops in children < 1 year.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- Do not use if you are allergic to azithromycin or erythromycin or any macrolide or ketolide antibiotic or any of its ingredients.
Special precautions for Himycin 10mg Eye Ointment
No interaction found
Himycin 10mg Eye Ointment is probably safe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
Himycin 10mg Eye Ointment is safe to use during lactation. Human studies have shown that either the drug does not pass into the breastmilk in significant amount or is not expected to cause toxicity to the baby.+more
It should be wiped off thoroughly prior to nursing if it is being applied to the breast or nipple area....
It should be wiped off thoroughly prior to nursing if it is being applied to the breast or nipple area.
It is not known whether Himycin 10mg Eye Ointment alters the+more
ability to drive. Do not drive if you experience any symptoms that affect your ability to concentrate and react....
There is limited information available on the use of Himycin+more
10mg Eye Ointment in patients with kidney disease. Please consult your doctor....
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
Frequently asked questions for Himycin 10mg Eye Ointment
Frequently asked questions for Azithromycin Topical
Q. Is azithromycin and erythromycin the same?
No. Azithomycin and erythromycin are two different medications belonging to the same class and have similar use. Their use in different conditions may vary depending upon individual response
Q. Is azithromycin topical safe?
Azithromycin topical is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor.