food interaction for HEXIDINE
alcohol interaction for HEXIDINE
pregnancy interaction for HEXIDINE
lactation interaction for HEXIDINE
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for HEXIDINE
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for HEXIDINE 0.2% W/V MOUTH WASH
Patients taking HEXIDINE 0.2% W/V MOUTH WASH
- 51%Once A Day
- 19%Twice A Day
- 18%Four Times A Day
- 12%Thrice A Day
SUBSTITUTES for HEXIDINE
- HEXIDINE 0.2% W/V MOUTH WASH(80 ML mouth wash in bottle)Icpa Health Products LtdRs. 0.51/ML of mouth washRs. 40.70pay 9% more per ML of mouth wash
- CLOHEX 0.2% W/V MOUTH WASH(150 ML mouth wash in bottle)Dr Reddy's Laboratories LtdRs. 0.57/ML of mouth washRs. 85.50pay 22% more per ML of mouth wash
- HEXIDINE 0.2% W/V MOUTH WASH(500 ML mouth wash in bottle)Icpa Health Products LtdRs. 0.37/ML of mouth washRs. 185save 21% more per ML of mouth wash
- TIDEOL 0.2% W/V MOUTH WASH(200 ML mouth wash in bottle)Dr. Johns Laboratories Pvt LtdRs. 0.38/ML of mouth washRs. 75save 20% more per ML of mouth wash
- CHLODIN 0.2% W/V MOUTH WASH(100 ML mouth wash in bottle)Drakt Pharmaceutical Pvt LtdRs. 0.52/ML of mouth washRs. 51.92pay 11% more per ML of mouth wash
- Dr. Sheilly KapoorMBBS, MD
- Dr. Sangeeta VermaMBBS, DNB
- Dr. Shuchi SinglaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Ramanjit SinghMBBS, MD, Certification
- Dr. Atula GuptaMBBS, MD
Expert advice for HEXIDINE
- Use Chlorhexidine Gluconate after meals, it may affect the taste of foods and beverages.
- For maximum effectiveness avoid rinsing mouth (with water or any other mouthwash), brushing teeth, eating or drinking for 30 minutes after using the Chlorhexidine Gluconate.
- Chlorhexidine Gluconate may cause permanent discolouration of some tooth fillings. To minimize discolouration, brush and floss daily, focussing on the areas which begin to discolour.
- Do not mix/dilute Chlorhexidine Gluconate with any other product.
- Avoid contact with eyes and ears. If the solution comes in contact with your eyes, rinse well with water.
- Notify your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for HEXIDINE
Q.How does chlorhexidine gluconate work?
Chlorhexidine gluconate belongs to a class of medication call antiseptic. It acts by killing as well as preventing bacterial growth. It kills bacteria by interacting with its cell surface
Q.Does it burn?
It is not generally known to burn. Please inform the doctor in case of any side effects
Q.Is chlorhexidine gluconate an antibiotic/antifungal/cure acne/cause cancer/good for canker sores?
Chlorhexidine gluconate is not antibiotic/antifungal. It is not used for curing acne and it does not cause cancer. Canker sores (small and shallow ulcers of the mouth) if mild to moderate then can be controlled by using chlorhexidine gluconate mouthwash
Q.Is chlorhexidine gluconate safe?
Chlorhexidine gluconate is safe when taken for an indication and at a dose strictly instructed by your doctor
Q.Is chlorhexidine gluconate an over the counter or prescription only drug?
Chlorhexidine gluconate is an over the counter drug and not a prescription drug
Q.Is chlorhexidine gluconate whiten teeth/contain iodine/stain teeth?
Chlorhexidine gluconate is not used to whiten teeth. It does not contain iodine. It may stain the teeth slightly but this may be removed by brushing with a normal toothpaste
Q.Does chlorhexidine gluconate mouthwash expire?
Chlorhexidine gluconate mouthwash has an expiry date. It should not be used beyond that date.