food interaction for HEPEXA
alcohol interaction for HEPEXA
pregnancy interaction for HEPEXA
lactation interaction for HEPEXA
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for HEPEXA
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for HEPEXA 300 MG TABLET
Patients taking HEPEXA 300 MG TABLET
- 46%Thrice A Day
- 31%Twice A Day
- 15%Four Times A Day
- 8%Twice A Week
SUBSTITUTES for HEPEXA
- UDILIV 300 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Abbott India LtdRs. 26.15/tabletRs. 261.50pay 27% more per tablet
- URSOCOL 300 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 22.50/tabletRs. 225pay 9% more per tablet
- ACTIBILE 300MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Zydus CadilaRs. 23.60/tabletRs. 236pay 15% more per tablet
- ULYSES 300 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Lupin LtdRs. 21.60/tabletRs. 216pay 5% more per tablet
- URSETOR 300 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Torrent Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 20.80/tabletRs. 208pay 1% more per tablet
Expert advice for HEPEXA
- Ursodeoxycholic Acid should be taken preferably after meals.
- Do not take antacids that contain aluminum while you are taking the Ursodeoxycholic Acid. This is because antacids decrease the amount of Ursodeoxycholic Acid absorbed by the body.
- Notify your doctor if you are breast-feeding.
Frequently asked questions for HEPEXA
Q.Is ursodeoxycholic acid a steroid/ antibiotic?
No, Ursodeoxycholic acid is a bile acid, a substance naturally produced by the body that is stored in the gallbladder
Q.Is ursodeoxycholic acid safe?
Ursodeoxycholic acid is safe, if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.What is ursodeoxycholic acid/Udihep forte/Udiliv300/Udiliv150?
Ursodeoxycholic acid is a bile acid, a substance naturally produced by the body that is stored in the gallbladder
Q.How does it work?
It works by decreasing the production of cholesterol and by dissolving the cholesterol in bile so that it cannot form stones
Q.Does ursodeoxycholic acid/Udihep forte/Udiliv 300/Udiliv 150 cause weight gain/loss?
No, it has no effect on weight
Q.How does ursodeoxycholic acid works for primary biliary cirrhosis/obstructive cholestasis?
Ursodeoxycholic acid works by decreasing the production of cholesterol and by dissolving the cholesterol in bile so that it cannot form stones.