food interaction for HEALCLOX P
alcohol interaction for HEALCLOX P
pregnancy interaction for HEALCLOX P
lactation interaction for HEALCLOX P
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for HEALCLOX P
How it works
Common side effects
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for HEALCLOX P
- BICIL P 125MG/125MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Mars Therapeutics & Chemicals LtdRs. 3/tabletRs. 30save 44% more per tablet
- Dr. Khoobsurat NajmaMBBS
- Dr. M. K. SinghMBBS, MD
- Dr. Ashutosh ShuklaMBBS, MD, Diploma, Fellowship
- Dr. Sushila KatariaMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. P. R. AryanMBBS, Diploma
Expert advice for HEALCLOX P
- Do not take this drug if you are allergic to amoxicillin or penicillin.
- Take the medicine with food to avoid an upset stomach.
- You may have loose stools while taking this drug. It gets better after finishing the course, If it worsens consult your doctor.
- Amoxicillin can make birth control pills less effective. Ask your doctor about using a non-hormone method of birth control (such as a condom, diaphragm, spermicide) to prevent pregnancy while taking this medicine.
- Space the doses evenly during the day, at least 4 hours apart.
- Keep taking amoxicillin until the treatment is finished, even if you feel better.
- Do not take amoxicillin for more than 2 weeks or two doses in 1 hour.
- Tell your doctor that you are taking amoxicillin before you go through urine or blood tests for liver function test.
- Consult your doctor before taking amoxicillin if you are pregnant or breast feeding.
Frequently asked questions for HEALCLOX P
Q.Does amoxicillin act against anaerobic bacteria?
Amoxicillin is active against aerobic as well as anaerobic bacterial infections
Q.Does amoxicillin cause yeast infections?
Amoxicillin is a broad spectrum antibiotic and hence with prolonged use may also kill helpful bacteria in the body that keep the body’s yeast population in check, thereby causing yeast infections
Q.Can I take amoxicillin for sore throat, cold, cough, flu, food poisoning, pseudomonas infection or virus infections?
Amoxicillin is only effective against bacterial infections not viruses. Food poisoning (due to Salmonella), pseudomonas infections, as well as sore throat, cold and cough caused due to bacteria can be treated with amoxicillin
Q.Does amoxicillin cause constipation, drowsiness or headache?
No. Amoxicillin does not cause constipation, drowsiness or headache. However, consult your doctor if you experience such side effects
Q.How long does novamoxin take to work?
Anywhere between one to seven days but it depends on the type of infection and its severity
Q.Is novamoxin gluten free?
Novamoxin, which contains amoxicillin, is gluten free.
Q.Is dicloxacillin a penicillin, tetracycline or a broad spectrum antibiotic?
Dicloxacillin belongs to class of medicines called penicillin antibiotics. Dicloxacillin is not a tetracycline or a broad spectrum antibiotic
Q.Does it contain sulfa?
It does not contain sulfa
Q.Is dicloxacillin used to treat sexually transmitted disease, strep throat, and methicillin resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA)?
Dicloxacillin can be used to treat strep throat. It is not approved to treat sexually transmitted diseases and is not active against MRSA
Q.Is dicloxacillin the same as amoxicillin?
Dicloxacillin and amoxicillin belongs to same category of drugs with similar action, dicloxacillin is resistant to beta-lactamase producing organism, while amoxicillin is susceptible to degradation by beta-lactamase producing organism
Q.Can I take dicloxacillin with Tylenol, Advil, Benadryl, and Tums?
Dicloxacillin can be taken with Tylenol, Benadryl and Tums. Dicloxacillin when taken with Advil (ibuprofen) may increase the effects of either dicloxacillin or ibuprofen
Q.Does dicloxacillin decrease milk supply?
Generally, dicloxacillin does not decrease milk secretion
Q.Does dicloxacillin cause heartburn?
It may cause heartburn.