food interaction for HALOTHANE IP 85
alcohol interaction for HALOTHANE IP 85
pregnancy interaction for HALOTHANE IP 85
lactation interaction for HALOTHANE IP 85
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for HALOTHANE IP 85
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for HALOTHANE IP 85No substitutes found
- Dr. Yogita Pilate
- Dr. Vivek Gupta
- Dr. Dinesh Kumar SinglaMBBS
- Dr. Chitra MehtaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Anutam RaiMBBS, MD
Expert advice for HALOTHANE IP 85
- Inform your doctor regarding your recent anaesthetic history, as halothane is known to cause liver damage and frequent re-exposures may cause severe liver toxicity.
- You may be constantly monitored during entire anaesthetic procedure to observe any signs of low blood pressure, changes in pulse rate, irregular heart beat and ventilation.
- Your ventilation will be carefully assessed to ensure adequate oxygenation and carbon dioxide removal.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- Do not take if Patients allergic to halothane.
- Do not take if Patient has a history of unexplained jaundice following previous exposure to halothane.
- Do not take if Patient has a family history of malignant hyperthermia.
- Do not take if Patient has history of high cerebrospinal fluid (fluid in brain and associated tissues) pressure or porphyria (a rare blood pigment disorder that affects skin and other organs.
- Avoid if Patients requiring anaesthesia for gynaecological surgeries.
Frequently asked questions for HALOTHANE IP 85
Q.Is halothane still used?
Yes, halothane is still used as a safe anesthetic drug in many parts of the world
Q.Is halothane flammable?
Halothane is potent inflammable nor explosive inhalational anaesthetic.