food interaction for GRCT
alcohol interaction for GRCT
pregnancy interaction for GRCT
lactation interaction for GRCT
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for GRCT
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for GRCTNo substitutes found
- Dr. Khoobsurat NajmaMBBS
- Dr. Prabhat Kumar JhaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Sushila KatariaMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. R. R. DuttaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Kartavya ShahMBBS, DNB
Expert advice for GRCT
- If you have history of allergy due to cefoperazone or any other cephalosporin or penicillin antibiotics.
- If you experience severe and persistent diarrhea after taking antibiotics.
- If you are already taking any other antibiotic like aminoglycosides or other cephalosporins as it may cause kidney toxicity.
Frequently asked questions for GRCT
Q.What is cefoperazone sulbactam?
Combination of cefoperazone and sulbactam (beta lactamase inhibitor) are used for the treatment of intra-abdominal infections
Q.Is cefoperazone nephrotoxic?
No, cefoperazona is not a nephrotoxic drug when given alone, but when given along with aminoglycosides (gentamicin, tobramycin) or other cephalosporins antibiotics, it may increase nephrotoxicity. Please consult your doctor before taking the drug
Q.Is cefoperazone safe?
Cefoperazone is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor.