Medicine Overview of Granfill Injection
Granfill 300mg Injection is used to prevent infections after chemotherapy.
Bone pain, Weakness, Headache, Rash, Nausea, Increased lactate dehydrogenase level in blood, Vomiting, Increased uric acid level in blood, Oropharyngeal pain, Hair loss, Fatigue, Diarrhoea, Constipation, Decreased appetite, Cough, Breathing difficulty.
Your doctor or nurse will give you this medicine. Kindly do not self administer.
Granfill 300mg injection is a growth factor that stimulates the bone marrow to produce white blood cells. These cells protect the body against infections.
In Depth Information on Granfill Injection
- Do not take filgrastim tablet, if you are allergic to filgrastim or any of the ingredients of the medicine.
- Do not take filgrastim, if you have osteoporosis (weak and fragile bones due to loss of calcium),suffering from any infection, cough, fever and difficulty breathing, sickle cell disease (an inherited blood disorder that affects red blood cells), left upper abdominal pain or pain at the tip of your shoulder.
- You will have to do regular blood tests whilst to count the number of neutrophils and other white blood cells. This will tell your doctor how the treatment is working and will also indicate if treatment needs to be continued.
- The needle cover of the pre-filled syringe contains dry natural rubber (a derivative of latex) which may cause an allergic reaction.
- If you are injecting yourself, inject into the tissue just under the skin. This is known as a subcutaneous injection. Your doctor will instruct you regarding the same. You can inject subcutaneously in the upper part of your thigh, or the sides of the abdomen. If someone else is injecting you, they can also use the back of your arms.
- Change the injection site every day to avoid soreness at one site.
- Filgrastim can cause fatigue and, therefore, caution has to be taken before operating an automobile or machinery.
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Granfill 300mg Injection may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Granfill 300mg Injection is probably safe to use during lact
Limited human data suggests that the drug does not represent a significant risk to the baby.
Do not drive unless you are feeling well.
Granfill 300mg Injection may cause fatigue. This may affect your driving ability.
Granfill 300mg Injection is safe to use in patients with kid
ney disease. No dose adjustment of Granfill 300mg Injection is recommended.
Granfill 300mg Injection is safe to use in patients with liv
er disease. No dose adjustment of Granfill 300mg Injection is recommended.
If you miss a dose of Filgrastim, please consult your doctor.
Frequently asked questions for Granfill 300mg Injection
Granfill is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Neupogen is the brand name of Granfill. Granfill belongs to class of medication called as colony-stimulating factors
They act by stimulating the bone marrow (organ in the body where blood cells are produced) to increase the production of specific types of blood cells called neutrophils that help fight infections
Granfill is used during cancer treatment (chemotherapy), bone marrow transplantation, severe chronic neutropenia (low number of a type of white blood cells called neutrophils), neutropenia in patients with HIV infection, and before stem cell donation
No, Granfill belongs to class of medication called as colony-stimulating factors
Yes, it has been approved by FDA for used during cancer treatment (chemotherapy), bone marrow transplantation, severe chronic neutropenia (low number of a type of white blood cells called neutrophils), neutropenia in patients with HIV infection, and before stem cell donation
No, Granfill does not cause cancer
The exact cause in unknown, but bone pain is a common side-effect of Granfill.
User Submitted Feedback For Granfill 300mg Injection
What were the side-effects while using this medicine? How do you take this medicine? How much was the improvement? Please rate this medicine on price? What are you using this medicine for?
Infections after chemotherapy
Survey Participants: 2
“The following are the results of on-going survey on 1mg.com for Granfill 300mg Injection. These results only indicate the perceptions of the website users. Please base your medical decisions only on the advice of a doctor or a registered medical professional.”
One of the following vendor pharmacies will deliver Granfill 300mg Injection: PEN, DPP, PNT, XPS, AGT, NVY, MPC, SJP, MAX, HEX, DYG, WSI, STA, NWP, SAF, RSS, OWP, LHA, 9T9, PLT, JMJ, JVN, DMP, ATP, MMS, DFP, GNC, SSA, KHH, SBA, PSP, SHM, DDR, SWA, SDM, MOM, LCC, ATL, INC, BIO, BDN, AVN, RSA, DEL, NDP, BSN, OHM, RPP, ADT, HBV, RUS, ZVP, GTK, SAT, BTM, GPT, BLP, HRV, AAR, SBL, RHW, HIP, OLT, FGH, JIV, AAY, RJH, NNH, NVL, HGI, SHP, GTC, PPR, MSD, USF, EMB, RKS, IPL, IAD, MAK, OIP, ENP, PTS, AYU, EQN, DLP, ARD