food interaction for GLYSISS
alcohol interaction for GLYSISS
pregnancy interaction for GLYSISS
lactation interaction for GLYSISS
SALT INFORMATION for GLYSISS
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for GLYSISS
- DIAMICRON 30 MG TABLET MR(10 tablet mr in strip)Serdia Pharmaceuticals India Pvt LtdRs. 6.90/tablet mrRs. 69pay 279% more per tablet mr
- GLIZID 30 MG TABLET MR(10 tablet mr in strip)Panacea Biotec LtdRs. 7.77/tablet mrRs. 77.70pay 326% more per tablet mr
- GLYCINORM OD 30 MG TABLET MR(10 tablet mr in strip)Ipca Laboratories LtdRs. 6.09/tablet mrRs. 60.90pay 234% more per tablet mr
- DIABEND 30MG TABLET MR(10 tablet mr in strip)Bal Pharma LtdRs. 3.85/tablet mrRs. 38.50pay 111% more per tablet mr
- DIABECLAZ 30MG TABLET MR(10 tablet mr in strip)Abbott India LtdRs. 6/tablet mrRs. 60pay 229% more per tablet mr
- Dr. Beena BansalMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Manoj KumarMBBS, MD, Certification
- Dr. Rajesh KumarMBBS, MD, Diploma, CCT
- Dr. J. K. SharmaMBBS, MD, Fellowship, Fellowship, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. Sanjay VermaMBBS, MD
Expert advice for GLYSISS
- Do not chew the tablet, and swallow the whole tablet with a glass of water or non-alcoholic drink just before a meal.
- Do not take gliclazide, if you have type 1 diabetes mellitus or have impaired consciousness due to severe diabetes, liver or kidney disease, or deficiency of an enzyme called glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase.
- Do not take gliclazide if you are pregnant or breast-feeding.
Frequently asked questions for GLYSISS
Q.Is gliclazide same or, better than metformin?
Gliclazide and metformin belong to different class of drugs and act but separate mechanism. No significant difference between gliclazide and metformin was reported in clinical studies as regards their ability to reduce blood sugar
Q.Is gliclazide the same as glipizide?
No,gliclazide and glipizide belong to a class of drugs known as sulphonylureas
Q.Is gliclazide a statin or, steroid?
No,gliclazide belongs to sulfonylurea category of antidiabetic drug class
Q.What is Glizid M?
Glizid M is a combination product that contains gliclazide and metformin. Both drugs are used to lower blood glucose levels in adult with type 2 diabetes mellitus that is not controlled by diet and exercise alone.