Medicine Overview of Glycerine Liquid
Uses of Glycerine Liquid
Glycerine Liquid is used in constipation.
Side effects of Glycerine Liquid
How to use Glycerine Liquid
Use this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Check the label for directions before use.
How Glycerine Liquid works
Glycerine liquid works by drawing water into the intestine through osmosis, which makes the stool soft and easier to pass.
In Depth Information on Glycerine Liquid
Expert advice for Glycerine Liquid
- Avoid taking a Glycerine for more than 1 week, unless prescribed by the doctor, as it leads to dependency on the laxative action to produce a bowel movement.
- Together with Glycerine, fiber rich diet containing whole grain bread and cereals, bran, fruits and green leafy vegetables, is essential to maintain healthy bowel function.
- A Glycerine should preferably be taken at bedtime because it requires 6 to 8 hours to show impact.
- Notify your doctor if you are on a low-sugar diet because the Glycerine contains sugars.
- Take Glycerine after 2 hours from other medicines, as it may interfere with the absorption of other medicines.
Special precautions for Glycerine Liquid
No interaction found
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Glycerine Liquid may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Glycerine Liquid is probably safe to use during lactation.+more
Limited human data suggests that the drug does not represent a significant risk to the baby....
Glycerine Liquid does not usually affect your ability to drive.
Glycerine Liquid is probably safe to use in patients with ki+more
dney disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Glycerine Liquid may not be needed in these patients. Please consult your doctor....
There is limited information available on the use of Glyceri+more
ne Liquid in patients with liver disease. Please consult your doctor....
If you miss a dose of Glycerin, skip it and continue with your normal schedule. Do not double the dose.
User Submitted Feedback For Glycerine 50gm Liquid
What are you using this medicine for?
Survey Participants: 2
“The following are the results of on-going survey on 1mg.com for Glycerine Liquid. These results only indicate the perceptions of the website users. Please base your medical decisions only on the advice of a doctor or a registered medical professional.”
Substitutes for Glycerine
No substitutes found for this medicine