Medicine Overview of Glycerin Suppository
Uses of Glycerin Suppository
Glycerin Suppository is used in constipation.
Side effects of Glycerin Suppository
How to use Glycerin Suppository
Use this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Wash and dry the area. Lie down and gently insert the suppository into the area with or without the use of an applicator as mentioned in the label. You or your care giver may be taught on how to use this medicine at home.
How Glycerin Suppository works
Glycerin suppository works by drawing water into the intestine through osmosis, which makes the stool soft and easier to pass.
In Depth Information on Glycerin Suppository
Expert advice for Glycerin Suppository
- Avoid taking a Glycerin for more than 1 week, unless prescribed by the doctor, as it leads to dependency on the laxative action to produce a bowel movement.
- Together with Glycerin, fiber rich diet containing whole grain bread and cereals, bran, fruits and green leafy vegetables, is essential to maintain healthy bowel function.
- A Glycerin should preferably be taken at bedtime because it requires 6 to 8 hours to show impact.
- Notify your doctor if you are on a low-sugar diet because the Glycerin contains sugars.
- Take Glycerin after 2 hours from other medicines, as it may interfere with the absorption of other medicines.
Special precautions for Glycerin Suppository
No interaction found
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Glycerin Suppository may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Glycerin Suppository is probably safe to use during lactatio+more
n. Limited human data suggests that the drug does not represent a significant risk to the baby....
Glycerin Suppository does not usually affect your ability to drive.
Glycerin Suppository is probably safe to use in patients wit+more
h kidney disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Glycerin Suppository may not be needed in these patients. Please consult your doctor....
There is limited information available on the use of Glyceri+more
n Suppository in patients with liver disease. Please consult your doctor....
If you miss a dose of Glycerin, skip it and continue with your normal schedule. Do not double the dose.
User Submitted Feedback For Glycerin NA Suppository
Patients taking Glycerin Suppository
Once A Day
What were the side-effects while using this medicine?
No Side Effect
How much was the improvement?
What are you using this medicine for?
Substitutes for Glycerin
No substitutes found for this medicine