food interaction for GLUCOBAY
alcohol interaction for GLUCOBAY
pregnancy interaction for GLUCOBAY
lactation interaction for GLUCOBAY
medicine interaction for GLUCOBAY
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR GLUCOBAY
How it works
Common side effects
COMMON DOSAGE FOR GLUCOBAY 25 MG TABLET
Patients taking GLUCOBAY 25 MG TABLET
- 48%Once A Day
- 28%Twice A Day
- 16%Thrice A Day
- 5%Alternate Day
- 2%Twice A Week
- 1%Once A Week
- 1%Four Times A Day
SUBSTITUTES FOR GLUCOBAY
- GLUCAR 25 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Glenmark Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 6.73/tabletRs. 67.35same price
- REBOSE 25 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 5.70/tabletRs. 57save 15% more per tablet
- RECARB 25 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Bal Pharma LtdRs. 4.60/tabletRs. 46save 32% more per tablet
- DIABOSE 25 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Micro Labs LtdRs. 6.85/tabletRs. 68.50pay 2% more per tablet
- ACAREX 25MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Invision Medi Sciences Pvt LtdRs. 4.72/tabletRs. 47.25save 30% more per tablet
Expert advice FOR GLUCOBAY
- Type 2 diabetes can be controlled with a proper diet alone or a diet along with exercise. A planned diet and exercising are always important when you have diabetes, even when you are taking antidiabetic medicines.
- Acarbose is administered orally and should be chewed with the first mouthful of food, or swallowed whole with a little liquid directly before the meal.
- Acarbose does not help patients who have type 1 diabetes.
- Notify your doctor if you are or are planning to become pregnant.
Frequently asked questions FOR GLUCOBAY
Q. Is acarbose/Glucobay a protein?
No, acarbose is not a protein; it is a complex oligosaccharide (sugar)
Q. Is acarbose safe?
Acarbose is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q. Does acarbose cause weight fluctuations?
Acarbose when combined with low calorie diet and exercise may cause weight loss. Acarbose generally does not cause weight gain when taken as prescribed
Q. Does acarbose cause hypoglycemia?
Acarbose does not cause hypoglycemia (low blood sugar) if taken as prescribed. However, low blood sugar can occur if you take acarbose with another blood sugar lowering medicine, delay or miss a meal or snack, exercise more than usual or drink alcohol
Q. How long does acarbose last?
Generally, the effect of acarbose lasts up to 3-5 hours, however it may vary depending on the individual taking the medicine.