food interaction for GLUCHEK
alcohol interaction for GLUCHEK
pregnancy interaction for GLUCHEK
lactation interaction for GLUCHEK
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for GLUCHEK
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for GLUCHEK
- GLUCOMOL 0.5% W/V EYE DROP(5 ML eye drop in packet)Allergan India Pvt LtdRs. 11.66/ML of eye dropRs. 58.29pay 17% more per ML of eye drop
- TIMOGOLD EYE DROP(5 ML eye drop in packet)Calix Health CareRs. 10/ML of eye dropRs. 50same price
- TIMOLINA EYE DROP(5 ML eye drop in packet)Chethana PharmaceuticalsRs. 9.88/ML of eye dropRs. 49.41save 1% more per ML of eye drop
- Dr. Sanjay VermaMBBS, MS
- Dr. Anita SethiMBBS, MD, DNB, Fellowship
- Dr. Vandana SarohaMBBS, MS, Fellowship
- Dr. Prem VardhanMBBS, MS, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. Ira ChopraMBBS, MS
Expert advice for GLUCHEK
- Timolol may cause dizziness and lightheadedness. To avoid this, get up slowly after sitting or lying down.
- The Timolol may affect your blood sugar and cover up the symptoms of low blood sugar if you have diabetes.
- Timolol may reduce blood flow to your hands and feet, causing them to feel cold. Smoking may worsen this effect. Dress warmly and avoid the use of tobacco.
- Consult your doctor whether to continue Timolol before any scheduled surgery.
- It is not the first-choice treatment for high blood pressure according to the latest guidelines, except if you have a heart failure or heart disease.
- Adults over the age of 65 may be at greater risk for the side-effects.
- Your doctor may recommend a change in the lifestyle to lower your blood pressure. It may include:
- Maintain a normal body weight (body mass index, 18.5-24.9 kg/m2).
- Consume fruits, vegetables, low-fat dairy products, and reduce saturated-total fat.
- Reduce daily dietary sodium intake as much as possible, ideally to 65 mmol/day (1.5 g/day sodium or 3.8 g/day sodium chloride).
- Regular aerobic physical activity (at least 30 minutes/day, most days of the week).
- Limit alcohol consumption to less than or equal to 2 drinks per day (1oz or 30ml ethanol eg 24oz beer, 10 oz wine, or 3 oz 80-proof whiskey).
Frequently asked questions for GLUCHEK
Q.Is timolol a beta blocker/selective beta blocker/steroid/generic/antibiotic?
Timolol is a beta blocker. It is not a selective beta blocker/steroid/generic/antibiotic
Q.Is timolol preservative free?
The timolol eye drop is preservative fre
Q.Is timolol the same as timoptic or cosopt?
Timoptic and copsopt are brand names of the eye drops containing timolol
Q.Does it need to be refrigerated?
The timolol containing eye drops should not be refrigerated
Q.Does timolol lower blood pressure?
Timolol is used to lower blood pressure
Q.Does it stop growth of hemangiomas?
It may be used to stop growth of hemangiomas (only after prescription from the doctor)
Q.Does timolol cause weight gain/hair loss/ miosis/make eyelashes grow/ cause dry eyes/slow heart rate?
Timolol does not make eyelashes grow. It is a blood pressure lowering medication. It is not known to cause weight gain/hair loss/miosis. It may cause dry eyes/slow heart rate as a side effect. If any side effects of the drug are observed then one should inform the doctor immediately.