food interaction for GLUCAR
alcohol interaction for GLUCAR
pregnancy interaction for GLUCAR
lactation interaction for GLUCAR
medicine interaction for GLUCAR
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR GLUCAR
How it works
Common side effects
COMMON DOSAGE FOR GLUCAR 50 MG TABLET
Patients taking GLUCAR 50 MG TABLET
- 63%Twice A Day
- 25%Thrice A Day
- 13%Once A Day
SUBSTITUTES FOR GLUCAR
- GLUCOBAY 50 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Bayer Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 11.70/tabletRs. 117pay 9% more per tablet
- REBOSE 50 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 9.70/tabletRs. 97save 10% more per tablet
- DIABOSE 50 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Micro Labs LtdRs. 11.70/tabletRs. 117pay 9% more per tablet
- RECARB 50 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Bal Pharma LtdRs. 8.70/tabletRs. 87save 19% more per tablet
- GLUBOSE 50 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 8.30/tabletRs. 83.04save 23% more per tablet
Expert advice FOR GLUCAR
- Type 2 diabetes can be controlled with a proper diet alone or a diet along with exercise. A planned diet and exercising are always important when you have diabetes, even when you are taking antidiabetic medicines.
- Acarbose is administered orally and should be chewed with the first mouthful of food, or swallowed whole with a little liquid directly before the meal.
- Acarbose does not help patients who have type 1 diabetes.
- Notify your doctor if you are or are planning to become pregnant.
Frequently asked questions FOR GLUCAR
Q. Is acarbose/Glucobay a protein?
No, acarbose is not a protein; it is a complex oligosaccharide (sugar)
Q. Is acarbose safe?
Acarbose is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q. Does acarbose cause weight fluctuations?
Acarbose when combined with low calorie diet and exercise may cause weight loss. Acarbose generally does not cause weight gain when taken as prescribed
Q. Does acarbose cause hypoglycemia?
Acarbose does not cause hypoglycemia (low blood sugar) if taken as prescribed. However, low blood sugar can occur if you take acarbose with another blood sugar lowering medicine, delay or miss a meal or snack, exercise more than usual or drink alcohol
Q. How long does acarbose last?
Generally, the effect of acarbose lasts up to 3-5 hours, however it may vary depending on the individual taking the medicine.