food interaction for GLIZID
alcohol interaction for GLIZID
pregnancy interaction for GLIZID
lactation interaction for GLIZID
SALT INFORMATION for GLIZID
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for GLIZID 60 MG TABLET MR
Patients taking GLIZID 60 MG TABLET MR
- 69%Once A Day
- 25%Twice A Day
- 2%Twice A Week
- 2%Thrice A Day
- 1%Four Times A Day
SUBSTITUTES for GLIZID
- GLYCINORM OD 60 MG TABLET MR(10 tablet mr in strip)Ipca Laboratories LtdRs. 9.07/tablet mrRs. 90.75save 29% more per tablet mr
- GLYCHEK OD 60 MG TABLET MR(10 tablet mr in strip)Indoco Remedies LtdRs. 5.55/tablet mrRs. 55.55save 56% more per tablet mr
- DIABECLAZ 60MG TABLET MR(10 tablet mr in strip)Abbott India LtdRs. 9.70/tablet mrRs. 97save 24% more per tablet mr
- Dr. Beena BansalMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Manoj KumarMBBS, MD, Certification
- Dr. Raman AbhiMBBS, MD
- Dr. Rajesh KumarMBBS, MD, Diploma, CCT
- Dr. J. K. SharmaMBBS, MD, Fellowship, Fellowship, Fellowship, Fellowship
Expert advice for GLIZID
- Do not chew the tablet, and swallow the whole tablet with a glass of water or non-alcoholic drink just before a meal.
- Do not take gliclazide, if you have type 1 diabetes mellitus or have impaired consciousness due to severe diabetes, liver or kidney disease, or deficiency of an enzyme called glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase.
- Do not take gliclazide if you are pregnant or breast-feeding.
Frequently asked questions for GLIZID
Q.Is gliclazide same or, better than metformin?
Gliclazide and metformin belong to different class of drugs and act but separate mechanism. No significant difference between gliclazide and metformin was reported in clinical studies as regards their ability to reduce blood sugar
Q.Is gliclazide the same as glipizide?
No,gliclazide and glipizide belong to a class of drugs known as sulphonylureas
Q.Is gliclazide a statin or, steroid?
No,gliclazide belongs to sulfonylurea category of antidiabetic drug class
Q.What is Glizid M?
Glizid M is a combination product that contains gliclazide and metformin. Both drugs are used to lower blood glucose levels in adult with type 2 diabetes mellitus that is not controlled by diet and exercise alone.