food interaction for GLIZA MF
alcohol interaction for GLIZA MF
pregnancy interaction for GLIZA MF
lactation interaction for GLIZA MF
SALT INFORMATION for GLIZA MF
How it works
Common side effects
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for GLIZA MF 80 MG/500 MG TABLET
Patients taking GLIZA MF 80 MG/500 MG TABLET
- 80%Twice A Day
- 20%Once A Day
SUBSTITUTES for GLIZA MF
- GLIZID M 80MG/500MG TABLET(15 tablets in strip)Panacea Biotec LtdRs. 9.31/tabletRs. 139.60pay 89% more per tablet
- RECLIMET 80 MG/500 MG TABLET(15 tablets in strip)Dr Reddy's Laboratories LtdRs. 8.78/tabletRs. 131.75pay 78% more per tablet
- DIANORM M 80 MG/500 MG TABLET(15 tablets in strip)Micro Labs LtdRs. 8.99/tabletRs. 134.84pay 83% more per tablet
- GLYCINORM - M 80 TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Ipca Laboratories LtdRs. 8.97/tabletRs. 89.75pay 82% more per tablet
- GLYKIND M 80MG/500MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Mankind Pharma LtdRs. 5.32/tabletRs. 53.24pay 8% more per tablet
- Dr. T. Rajdev PatroMBBS, Diploma, Diploma, Diploma, DNB, Diploma, Fellowship, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. Atul LuthraMBBS, MD, DNB
- Dr. Manoj KumarMBBS, MD, Certification
- Dr. Rajesh KumarMBBS, MD, Diploma, CCT
- Dr. Sanjay VermaMBBS, MD
Expert advice for GLIZA MF
- Type 2 diabetes can be controlled with a proper diet alone or a diet along with exercise. A planned diet and exercising are always important when you have diabetes, even when you are taking antidiabetic medicines.
- Low blood sugar is life-threatening. Low blood sugar may develop due to:
- Delay or missing scheduled meals or snacks.
- Exercising more than usual.
- Drinking a significant amount of alcohol.
- Using too much insulin.
- Sickness (vomiting or diarrhea).
- Symptoms of low blood sugar (alarming signs) are fast heartbeat, sweating, cool and pale skin, feeling shaky, confusion or irritability, headache, nausea, and nightmares. Make sure that you have access to quick-acting sugar sources that treat low blood sugar. Consuming some form of quick-acting sugars immediately after the appearance of the symptoms will prevent the low blood sugar levels from worsening.
- Consuming alcohol may increase the chance of severe low blood sugar.
- Gliclazide does not help patients who have type 1 diabetes.
Frequently asked questions for GLIZA MF
Q.Is gliclazide same or, better than metformin?
Gliclazide and metformin belong to different class of drugs and act but separate mechanism. No significant difference between gliclazide and metformin was reported in clinical studies as regards their ability to reduce blood sugar
Q.Is gliclazide the same as glipizide?
No,gliclazide and glipizide belong to a class of drugs known as sulphonylureas
Q.Is gliclazide a statin or, steroid?
No,gliclazide belongs to sulfonylurea category of antidiabetic drug class
Q.What is Glizid M?
Glizid M is a combination product that contains gliclazide and metformin. Both drugs are used to lower blood glucose levels in adult with type 2 diabetes mellitus that is not controlled by diet and exercise alone.
Q.Is Metformin a birth control pill/ insulin / statin/ banned drug?
Metformin (also available as glyciphage, glycomet, glycomet SR) is an antidiabetic drug used in treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus, particularly in overweight patients, as an adjunct to the diet and exercise
Q.Is metformin safe?
Metformin is generally safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.Can I take metformin forever?
Metformin should be taken at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.Is metformin good for weight loss / weight loss in non-diabetics?
Metformin is used for the treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus, particularly in overweight patients.