food interaction for GLINATE MF
alcohol interaction for GLINATE MF
pregnancy interaction for GLINATE MF
lactation interaction for GLINATE MF
Taking metformin with alcohol may cause lactic acidosis and you may experience malaise, respiratory distress, slow or irregular heartbeat, somnolence, abdominal upset, or other unusual symptoms.
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for GLINATE MF
How it works
Common side effects
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for GLINATE MFNo substitutes found
- Dr. Atul LuthraMBBS, MD, DNB
- Dr. Beena BansalMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Neelima MishraMBBS, MD
- Dr. Rajesh KumarMBBS, MD, Diploma, CCT
- Dr. J. K. SharmaMBBS, MD, Fellowship, Fellowship, Fellowship, Fellowship
Expert advice for GLINATE MF
- If you skip a meal, you need to skip the dose of Nateglinide. If you add a meal, add a dose of nateglinide.
- Do not drive or operate machinery as nateglinide may cause dizziness.
- Do not consume alcohol while taking nateglinide as it may worsen the side effects. his effect may be worse if you take it with alcohol or certain medicines. Do not drive or perform other possibly unsafe tasks until you know how you react to it.
- Check your blood sugar levels as directed by your doctor. Strenuous exercise, fever, infection, surgery, trauma, dieting, and skipping meals can affect your blood sugar levels.
- Take precautions while taking nateglinide as it may make you anxious, sweaty, weak, dizzy, drowsy, or faint. It can also make your heart beat faster; make your vision change; give you a headache, chills, or tremors; or make you more hungry.
- You should eat or drink a quick source of sugar like table sugar, honey, candy, orange juice, or non-diet soda when you become hypoglycemic (low blood glucose level).
Frequently asked questions for GLINATE MF
Q.Does nateglinide cause weight gain?
Weight gain may occur with nateglinide therapy. If this effect persists or worsens, notify your doctor or pharmacist promptly
Q.Does Nateglinide contain metformin?
Nateglinide does not contain metformin
Q.How does nateglinide work?
Nateglinide belongs to a class of drugs called meglitinides. Nateglinide helps your body to regulate the amount of glucose in your blood by stimulating the pancreas to release insulin.
Q.Is Metformin a birth control pill/ insulin / statin/ banned drug?
Metformin (also available as glyciphage, glycomet, glycomet SR) is an antidiabetic drug used in treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus, particularly in overweight patients, as an adjunct to the diet and exercise
Q.Is metformin safe?
Metformin is generally safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.Can I take metformin forever?
Metformin should be taken at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.Is metformin good for weight loss / weight loss in non-diabetics?
Metformin is used for the treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus, particularly in overweight patients.