food interaction for GLIMISAVE M FORTE
alcohol interaction for GLIMISAVE M FORTE
pregnancy interaction for GLIMISAVE M FORTE
lactation interaction for GLIMISAVE M FORTE
Taking metformin with alcohol may cause lactic acidosis and you may experience malaise, respiratory distress, slow or irregular heartbeat, somnolence, abdominal upset, or other unusual symptoms.
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for GLIMISAVE M FORTE
How it works
Common side effects
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for GLIMISAVE M FORTE 2 MG/1000 MG TABLET
Patients taking GLIMISAVE M FORTE 2 MG/1000 MG TABLET
- 42%Twice A Day
- 33%Once A Day
- 21%Thrice A Day
- 3%Four Times A Day
SUBSTITUTES for GLIMISAVE M FORTE
- GLYCOMET GP 2 FORTE TABLET(10 tablets in strip)USV LtdRs. 8.35/tabletRs. 83.50pay 6% more per tablet
- ZORYL M 2 FORTE TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Intas Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 9.10/tabletRs. 91pay 16% more per tablet
- GLUCONORM-G 2 FORTE TABLET(15 tablets in strip)Lupin LtdRs. 8.60/tabletRs. 129pay 9% more per tablet
- AMARYL M FORTE 2 MG/1000 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Sanofi India LtdRs. 15.95/tabletRs. 159.49pay 103% more per tablet
- AZULIX MF 2 FORTE TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Torrent Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 9.30/tabletRs. 93pay 18% more per tablet
- Dr. Manoj KumarMBBS, MD, Certification
- Dr. Raman AbhiMBBS, MD
- Dr. Neelima MishraMBBS, MD
- Dr. Rajesh KumarMBBS, MD, Diploma, CCT
- Dr. J. K. SharmaMBBS, MD, Fellowship, Fellowship, Fellowship, Fellowship
Expert advice for GLIMISAVE M FORTE
- Take glimepiride just before or with the first main meal of the day.
- Do not skip any meal while taking glimepiride.
- Swallow the glimepiride tablet without crushing or chewing with at least half a glass of water.
- Do not take glimepiride if you are allergic to glimepiride, other sulfonylureas, sulfonamides
- Glimepiride tablets should not be given to children and adolescents under 18 years of age.
Frequently asked questions for GLIMISAVE M FORTE
Q.Is glimepiride a generic drug?
Yes, glimepiride is a generic drug sold under several pharmaceutical brand names (Amaryl, Zoryl, etc.)
Q.Can I take glimepiride with metformin or insulin?
Glimepiride may be given in combination with metformin and/or insulin depending on your medical condition and as prescribed by the doctor
Q.Does glimepiride cause fluctuations in weight,diarrhea, hair loss, erectile dysfunction, swelling, constipation?
Glimepiride is reported to cause low blood sugar level,weight gain, and swelling, but is not reported to cause diarrhea, constipation, hair loss, or erectile dysfunction
Q.Is glimepiride a fast acting sulfa drug?
Glimepiride is a medium- to long-acting sulfonylurea drug against type 2 diabetes mellitus (action lasts for 24 hours). Its maximum effect is seen after 2-3 hours of drug intake
Q.Is glimepiride same as glipizide, glyburide, metformin, or insulin?
They are not same. Glimepiride, glipizide and glyburide belong to the same class of drugs called sulfonylureas. Metformin belong to class called biguanides.Glimepiride causes release of insulin but it is not insulin.It should only be used if no other alternative drug is available. Please follow your doctor's advice regarding its use.
Q.Is Metformin a birth control pill/ insulin / statin/ banned drug?
Metformin (also available as glyciphage, glycomet, glycomet SR) is an antidiabetic drug used in treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus, particularly in overweight patients, as an adjunct to the diet and exercise
Q.Is metformin safe?
Metformin is generally safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.Can I take metformin forever?
Metformin should be taken at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.Is metformin good for weight loss / weight loss in non-diabetics?
Metformin is used for the treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus, particularly in overweight patients.