food interaction for GLICLAZIDE 80MG TABLET
alcohol interaction for GLICLAZIDE 80MG TABLET
pregnancy interaction for GLICLAZIDE 80MG TABLET
lactation interaction for GLICLAZIDE 80MG TABLET
medicine interaction for GLICLAZIDE 80MG TABLET
SALT INFORMATION FOR GLICLAZIDE 80MG TABLET
How it works
Common side effects
COMMON DOSAGE FOR GLICLAZIDE 80MG TABLET
Patients taking GLICLAZIDE 80MG TABLET
- 67%Twice A Day
- 33%Once A Day
SUBSTITUTES FOR GLICLAZIDE 80MG TABLET
- RECLIDE 80 MG TABLET(15 tablets in strip)Dr Reddy's Laboratories LtdRs. 7.07/tabletRs. 106pay 303% more per tablet
- GLIZID 80MG TABLET(15 tablets in strip)Panacea Biotec LtdRs. 6.47/tabletRs. 97pay 268% more per tablet
- GLYCINORM 80 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Ipca Laboratories LtdRs. 5.25/tabletRs. 52.50pay 199% more per tablet
- DIAMICRON 80 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Serdia Pharmaceuticals India Pvt LtdRs. 6/tabletRs. 60pay 242% more per tablet
- GLYCIGON 80MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 4.47/tabletRs. 44.75pay 155% more per tablet
Expert advice FOR GLICLAZIDE 80MG TABLET
- Type 2 diabetes can be controlled with a proper diet alone or a diet along with exercise. A planned diet and exercising are always important when you have diabetes, even when you are taking antidiabetic medicines.
- Low blood sugar is life-threatening. Low blood sugar may develop due to:
- Delay or missing scheduled meals or snacks.
- Exercising more than usual.
- Drinking a significant amount of alcohol.
- Using too much insulin.
- Sickness (vomiting or diarrhea).
- Symptoms of low blood sugar (alarming signs) are fast heartbeat, sweating, cool and pale skin, feeling shaky, confusion or irritability, headache, nausea, and nightmares. Make sure that you have access to quick-acting sugar sources that treat low blood sugar. Consuming some form of quick-acting sugars immediately after the appearance of the symptoms will prevent the low blood sugar levels from worsening.
- Consuming alcohol may increase the chance of severe low blood sugar.
- Gliclazide does not help patients who have type 1 diabetes.
Frequently asked questions FOR GLICLAZIDE 80MG TABLET
Q. Is gliclazide same or, better than metformin?
Gliclazide and metformin belong to different class of drugs and act but separate mechanism. No significant difference between gliclazide and metformin was reported in clinical studies as regards their ability to reduce blood sugar
Q. Is gliclazide the same as glipizide?
No,gliclazide and glipizide belong to a class of drugs known as sulphonylureas
Q. Is gliclazide a statin or, steroid?
No,gliclazide belongs to sulfonylurea category of antidiabetic drug class
Q. What is Glizid M?
Glizid M is a combination product that contains gliclazide and metformin. Both drugs are used to lower blood glucose levels in adult with type 2 diabetes mellitus that is not controlled by diet and exercise alone.