food interaction for GEROCIN DPS
alcohol interaction for GEROCIN DPS
pregnancy interaction for GEROCIN DPS
lactation interaction for GEROCIN DPS
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for GEROCIN DPS
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for GEROCIN DPS
- GENCIN 0.3% DROPS(10 ML drop in packet)Torque Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 1.08/ML of dropRs. 10.80save 19% more per ML of drop
- GENTAMIDE 0.3% DROPS(5 ML drop in packet)Sunways India Pvt LtdRs. 1.35/ML of dropRs. 6.73pay 1% more per ML of drop
- MERIGENTA DROP(5 ML drop in packet)Mercury Healthcare Pvt LtdRs. 1.42/ML of dropRs. 7.12pay 7% more per ML of drop
- GARASOL 0.3% DROPS(5 ML drop in packet)Jawa Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 1.79/ML of dropRs. 8.95pay 34% more per ML of drop
- TAMIGEN 0.3% DROPS(5 ML drop in packet)Indoco Remedies LtdRs. 1.45/ML of dropRs. 7.25pay 9% more per ML of drop
- Dr. Sanjay VermaMBBS, MS
- Dr. Anita SethiMBBS, MD, DNB, Fellowship
- Dr. Vandana SarohaMBBS, MS, Fellowship
- Dr. Parul SharmaMBBS, MS, DNB, Fellowship
- Dr. Reema DasMBBS, Diploma, MS
Expert advice for GEROCIN DPS
- If you have inflammation of the middle ear (otitis media), kidney or liver problem, open wound or damaged skin.
- If you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or breastfeeding.
- If you experience itching, skin rashes, swelling of face, lips, throat or difficulty in breathing.
Frequently asked questions for GEROCIN DPS
Q.Is gentamicin a macrolide, steroid or a sulfa drug?
Gentamicin does not contain sulfa and is not a macrolide, or steroidal drug. It is a broad spectrum aminoglycoside
Q.Is gentamicin nephrotoxic?
Yes, gentamicin is a nephrotoxic drug. Please consult your doctor before taking the drug
Q.Is gentamicin safe for babies?
Gentamicin is safe for babies if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.Does gentamicin cause hearing loss or burn?
Yes gentamicin can cause hearing loss if used inappropriately. It can cause burning of eyes
Q.Is gentamicin used for pink eye?
Yes, gentamicin is used in the treatment of pink eye (conjunctivitis). Please consult your doctor before use
Q.Does gentamicin dialyze out?
Yes, gentamicin is a dialyzable drug
Q.What organisms does gentamicin cover?
Gentamicin is mainly effective against pseudomonas, escherichia, enterobacter, klebsiella, staphylococcus, salmonella, serratia, and shigella species but rarely effective against streptococci and methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (mrsa)
Q.Does it cover anaerobes?
It does not act against anaerobes.