food interaction for GATIQUIN
alcohol interaction for GATIQUIN
pregnancy interaction for GATIQUIN
lactation interaction for GATIQUIN
medicine interaction for GATIQUIN
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR GATIQUIN
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR GATIQUIN
- GATIFECT 400MG INFUSION(200 ML infusion in bottle)Wockhardt LtdRs. 0.64/ML of infusionRs. 128.22same price
- RAGACIN 400MG INFUSION(200 ML infusion in bottle)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 0.50/ML of infusionRs. 100save 22% more per ML of infusion
- VICTOBAX 400MG INFUSION(200 ML infusion in bottle)Claris Lifesciences LtdRs. 0.22/ML of infusionRs. 43.27save 66% more per ML of infusion
- ZYQUIN 400MG INFUSION(200 ML infusion in bottle)Zydus CadilaRs. 0.62/ML of infusionRs. 123.10save 4% more per ML of infusion
Expert advice FOR GATIQUIN
- Use eye drops as recommended in the information leaflet or as prescribed by your doctor.
- Do not wear contact lenses, if you have bacterial conjunctivitis or you are applying eye drops.
- Do not drive or operate machinery as you may have blurred vision after using the medicine.
- Doctor’s advice should be considered in case of patients with following history of disease conditions: loss of memory and mental ability (Alzheimer disease), inflammation of a part of tendon that attach muscles to the bone (tendonitis), fits (seizures), or any other central nervous system problems, or increased pressure in the head; low blood potassium levels, diabetes, kidney, liver or heart problems.
- If long-term or repeated use of gatifloxacin drops may cause a second infection.
- Do not take gatifloxacin, if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Avoid using gatifloxacin, if you take coffee or other beverages containing caffeine during treatment.
Frequently asked questions FOR GATIQUIN
Q. Does gatifloxacin contain sulfa?
Gatifloxacin does not contain sulfa. It is a fluoroquinolone antibiotic
Q. Is gatifloxacin the same as Zymaxid?
Zymaxid is the brand name for gatifloxacin eye solution
Q. Is gatifloxacin the same as ofloxacin?
Both gatifloxacin and ofloxacin belongs to the different class, i.e. gatifloxacin is second-generation fluoroquinolone whereas ofloxacin is older and first-generation, but their effect may vary upon individual condition or response
Q. What does gatifloxacin treat?
Gatifloxacin treats bacterial eye infection (conjunctivitis or red eye) in adults and children older than 1 year of age
Q. Is gatifloxacin banned in India?
Gatifloxacin is banned in India for systemic use in human by any route including oral and injectable. Its use as eye drop is not banned.