food interaction for GARDENAL
alcohol interaction for GARDENAL
pregnancy interaction for GARDENAL
lactation interaction for GARDENAL
Avoid Gardenal 30 mg tablet with grapefruit juice.
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for GARDENAL
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for GARDENAL 30 MG TABLET
Patients taking GARDENAL 30 MG TABLET
- 60%Once A Day
- 40%Twice A Day
SUBSTITUTES for GARDENAL
- EMGARD 30MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Medo PharmaRs. 1.03/tabletRs. 10.35save 12% more per tablet
- PHENOBARB 30 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Intas Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 0.74/tabletRs. 7.38save 37% more per tablet
- EPITAN 30MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Reliance Formulation Pvt LtdRs. 0.98/tabletRs. 9.77save 17% more per tablet
- LUMINAL 30 MG TABLET(10 tablet in strip)Bayer Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 0.40/tabletRs. 4.02save 66% more per tablet
- BARBEE 30MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Ind Swift Laboratories LtdRs. 0.62/tabletRs. 6.25save 47% more per tablet
- Dr. Kapil AgarwalMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Amit AroraMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship
- Dr. Tina AhluwaliaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Mayank ChawlaMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Isha ShuklaMBBS, MD, DM
Expert advice for GARDENAL
- Do not take phenobarbitone if you are allergic to phenobarbitone or any of the other ingredient of the tablet.
- Doctor’s advice should be considered in case of patients with following history of disease conditions: liver or kidney disease; temporary or chronic pain; mental depression or illness; disorders of pituitary gland or adrenal gland (e.g. pheochromocytoma); breathing problems; or porphyria (disturbance of metabolism that can be seen as disorders of the skin or other organs).
- Do not take phenobarbitone if you have an addiction to alcohol or drug abuse.
- Avoid taking phenobarbitone if you are pregnant or breast-feeding or planning to become pregnant.
- Do not drive or operate machinery immediately after taking phenobarbitone as it may cause drowsiness.
Frequently asked questions for GARDENAL
Q.What is phenobarbitone used for?
Phenobarbitone is used to control seizures in epilepsy patients and is also used to relieve anxiety. It may also be used as a sedative for patients about to undergo surgery; to treat people who are suffering from withdrawal symptoms from addiction to other seizure medication or who are going to stop medication
Q.What is phenobarbitone sodium?
Phenobarbitone sodium is one of the salt forms of phenobarbitone and is used for the same indications
Q.How does phenobarbitone work?
Phenobarbitone belongs to barbiturates. It acts by slowing down the activity of the brai
Q.Is it an enzyme inducer?
It is an enzyme inducer
Q.Is phenobarbitone a controlled drug?
Phenobarbitone is a controlled drug
Q.What is phenobarbitone syrup?
Phenobarbitone is available as tablet and syrup form for use.