Medicine Overview of Gamamed Lotion
Uses of Gamamed Lotion
GAMAMED 1% W/W LOTION is used in the treatment of scabies.
Side effects of Gamamed Lotion
Erythematous rash, Itching, Dry skin, Paresthesia (tingling or pricking sensation).
How to use Gamamed Lotion
This medicine is for external use only. Use this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Shake it well and apply to the area evenly.
How Gamamed Lotion works
Gamma benzene hexachloride belongs to a class of medications called as ectoparasiticides. It works by acting on nervous system of mite and lice and killing them.
In Depth Information on Gamamed Lotion
Expert advice for Gamamed Lotion
- Avoid direct contact of cream or shampoo with your eyes. In case of direct contact, wash your eyes with water immediately and seek immediate medical attention.
- Wear synthetic latex gloves during the application of cream or shampoo.
- Inform your doctor if you have any other chronic skin disease such as dermatitis (inflammation of skin) or psoriasis (red, itchy, scaly patches over the skin).
- Avoid exposure of medication applied on your skin to baby while breastfeeding.
- Feed your baby after 24 hours of lotion application as the drug is secreted through breast milk.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- It should not take if patient is allergic to gamma benzene hexachloride or any of its ingredients.
- It sholud not given to premature neonates.
- It sholud not given to patients with history of uncontrolled fits (seizures) or any neurological disorders.
Special precautions for GAMAMED 1% W/W LOTION
No interaction found
Unknown. Human and animal studies are not available. Please consult your doctor.
GAMAMED 1% W/W LOTION is probably safe to use during lactati+more
on. Limited human data suggests that the drug does not represent a significant risk to the baby....
It is not known whether GAMAMED 1% W/W LOTION alters the abi+more
lity to drive. Do not drive if you experience any symptoms that affect your ability to concentrate and react....
There is limited information available on the use of GAMAMED+more
1% W/W LOTION in patients with kidney disease. Please consult your doctor....
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
If you miss a dose of Gamma Benzene Hexachloride Topical, please consult your doctor.