food interaction for GALVUS
alcohol interaction for GALVUS
pregnancy interaction for GALVUS
lactation interaction for GALVUS
medicine interaction for GALVUS
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR GALVUS
How it works
Common side effects
COMMON DOSAGE FOR GALVUS 50 MG TABLET
Patients taking GALVUS 50 MG TABLET
- 42%Twice A Day
- 37%Once A Day
- 13%Thrice A Day
- 4%Twice A Week
- 2%Thrice A week
- 2%Four Times A Day
- 1%Alternate Day
SUBSTITUTES FOR GALVUS
- GALVUS 50 MG TABLET(28 tablets in packet)Novartis India LtdRs. 25.75/tabletRs. 721same price
- JALRA 50 MG TABLET(14 tablets in strip)USV LtdRs. 25.75/tabletRs. 360.50same price
- ZOMELIS 50 MG TABLET(14 tablets in strip)Abbott India LtdRs. 25.75/tabletRs. 360.50same price
- VYSOV 50MG TABLET(14 tablets in strip)Emcure Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 23.43/tabletRs. 328save 9% more per tablet
Expert advice FOR GALVUS
- Type 2 diabetes can be controlled with a proper diet alone or a diet along with exercise. A planned diet and exercising are always important when you have diabetes, even when you are taking antidiabetic medicines.
- Notify your doctor if you have or ever had:
- A disease of the pancreas (such as pancreatitis).
- Gallstones, alcohol dependency or very high levels of triglycerides (a form of fat found in blood) in your blood. These medical conditions can increase your chance of getting pancreatitis.
- Type 1 diabetes.
- Diabetic ketoacidosis (a complication of diabetes with high blood sugar, rapid weight loss, nausea or vomiting)
- Any past or present kidney problems.
- An allergic reaction to Vildagliptin
Frequently asked questions FOR GALVUS
Q. Is vildagliptin safe?
Vildagliptin (also available as galvus, jalra) is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q. How is vildagliptin metabolized?
Vildagliptin is metabolized by the process of hydrolysis in kidney
Q. Does vildagliptin cause weight gain?
Body weight usually does not change with vildagliptin therapy. However, consult your doctor, if you experience weight gain
Q. Is vildagliptin better than sitagliptin?
Vildagliptin and sitagliptin belong to same class of drugs and are equally effective and safe in treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus. Always follow doctor's advice regarding its use
Q. Is vildagliptin licensed with insulin?
Vildagliptin can be taken in combination with insulin when prescribed by doctor. Always follow doctor's advice regarding its use.