food interaction for GALAMER
alcohol interaction for GALAMER
pregnancy interaction for GALAMER
lactation interaction for GALAMER
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for GALAMER
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for GALAMER 8 MG TABLET
Patients taking GALAMER 8 MG TABLET
- 50%Thrice A Day
- 40%Once A Day
- 10%Twice A Day
SUBSTITUTES for GALAMER
- GALAMER OD 8 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 25.20/tabletRs. 252pay 2% more per tablet
- Dr. M. K. SinghMBBS, MD
- Dr. Prabhat Kumar JhaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Sushila KatariaMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. R. S. RawatMBBS, MD
- Dr. Kartavya ShahMBBS, DNB
Expert advice for GALAMER
- Consult your doctor if you have any heart disorder, electrolyte disturbances, peptic (stomach) ulcer disease, acute abdominal pain, a disorder of the nervous system (like fits or Parkinson’s disease), asthma, pneumonia, difficulties passing urine, or if you had an operation on the gut or bladder.
- Do not drive or operate machinery as galantamine may cause drowsiness.
- Do not consume alcohol while taking galantamine as it may worsen the side effects.
- Galantamine should be used with caution in elderly as they may be more sensitive to its effects.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for GALAMER
Q.Is galantamine safe?
Galantamine is a safe and effective drug if used according to the prescribed dosage for the treatment of mild to moderate dementia in Alzheimer's disease
Q.Is galantamine a psychotropic drug?
Galantamine is a psychotropic drug used in the treatment of dementia associated with alzheimer's disease
Q.Is galantamine the same as Aricept?
Galantamine and Aricept (donepezil) are not the same. They however belong to the same class of drugs called ‘cholinesterase inhibitors' used in the treatment of dementia associated with alzheimer's disease.