food interaction for G KELFIN
alcohol interaction for G KELFIN
pregnancy interaction for G KELFIN
lactation interaction for G KELFIN
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for G KELFIN
How it works
Common side effects
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for G KELFIN
- LARI 25 MG/500 MG TABLET(3 tablets in strip)Ipca Laboratories LtdRs. 17.33/tabletRs. 52pay 395% more per tablet
- MALIN 25MG/500MG TABLET(2 tablets in strip)Cornel Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 9.96/tabletRs. 19.93pay 185% more per tablet
- MELAR 25MG/500MG TABLET(2 tablets in strip)Prayas PharmaceuticalsRs. 4.37/tabletRs. 8.73pay 25% more per tablet
- Dr. M. K. SinghMBBS, MD
- Dr. Prabhat Kumar JhaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Sushila KatariaMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. R. S. RawatMBBS, MD
- Dr. Kartavya ShahMBBS, DNB
Expert advice for G KELFIN
- Pyrimethamine when given with sulphonamide, it should be given with folic acid (vitamin) supplement.
- Do not use pyrimethamine if you are allergic to pyrimethamine or any other ingredient.
- Do not take pyrimethamine if you have megaloblastic anemia due to folate deficiency.
- Do not take pyrimethamine if you have kidney or liver problems; fits (seizures); depression; bone marrow problems; stomach or bowel problems (eg, malabsorption syndrome); phenylketonuria, or alcoholism.
Frequently asked questions for G KELFIN
Q.What is pyrimethamine is used for?
Pyrimethamine is used to treat toxoplasmosis and treat or prevent malaria infections along with other medicines
Q.How does pyrimethamine work?
Pyrimethamine is an antiparasitic and works by killing the parasites or preventing their growth in the blood stream.
Q.Is Bactrim/Septrin/septran/ ciplin, sulphamethoxazole + trimethoprin a sulfa drug, penicillin, antibiotic?
Bactrim/Septrin/septran/ciplin are brand names for sulphamethoxazole + trimethoprin combination belongs to class of medications called sulfonamide antibiotic, it is a sulpha drug. Sulphamethoxazole + trimethoprin is not a penicillin antibiotic
Q.Is Sulphamethoxazole + trimethoprin combination safe?
Sulphamethoxazole + trimethoprin is relatively safe if used as recommended. In case of any side effects, consult your doctor
Q.What is sulphamethoxazole + trimethoprim used for?
Sulphamethoxazole + trimethoprim is used to treat or prevent lung infections, sinus infection, toxoplasmosis, nocardiosis (bacterial infection causing abscesses), urinary tract infections, bronchitis, ear infections
Q.Is sulphamethoxazole + trimethoprin good for tooth infection, bronchitis, upper respiratory tract infection, sore throat, strep throat, sinus infection, cough, acne, bacterial vaginosis, urinary tract infection, yeast infection, flu, kidney infection, and cover pseudomonas?
Sulphamethoxazole + trimethoprim can be used to treat tooth infection, upper respiratory tract infection, whooping cough, acne and kidney infection.Sulphamethoxazole + trimethoprim is not the drug of choice for bacterial vaginosis, strep throat or sore throat. Sulphamethoxazole + trimethoprim is not recommended for yeast infection and flu and is resistant towards pseudomonas aeruginosa
Q.Can I take sulphamethoxazole + trimethoprim with Tylenol/acetaminophen, Aleve/naproxen, Benadryl, prednisone, Adderall/amphetamine/dextroamphetamine, Xanax/alprazolam, Valtrex/valacyclovir, antacids, vitamins, aspirin?
Interaction is not observed, when sulphamethoxazole + trimethoprim is taken with acetaminophen, naproxen, Benadryl, prednisone, amphetamine and dextroamphetamine, alprazolam, valacyclovir, antacids, vitamins, aspirin however do consult your doctor before use
Q.Can I take Interaction is not observed with birth control pills?
Interaction is not observed when sulphamethoxazole + trimethoprim is taken with birth control pills. Please consult your doctor before use
Q.Does sulphamethoxazole + trimethoprim make you tired, cause headache?
Sulphamethoxazole + trimethoprim can make you tired and can cause headache.