food interaction for FUROBID
alcohol interaction for FUROBID
pregnancy interaction for FUROBID
lactation interaction for FUROBID
Avoid Furobid 125 mg tablet with dietary sodium.
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for FUROBID
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for FUROBID
- CEFTUM 125 MG TABLET(4 tablets in strip)Glaxo SmithKline Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 22.81/tabletRs. 91.25pay 292% more per tablet
- BIGCEF 125 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)BestoChem Formulations India LtdRs. 11.43/tabletRs. 114.33pay 96% more per tablet
- ALTACEF 125 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Glenmark Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 22.50/tabletRs. 225pay 287% more per tablet
- FORCEF 125 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 12.75/tabletRs. 127.48pay 119% more per tablet
- FUROBID 125 MG TABLET(4 tablets in strip)Alembic Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 29.39/tabletRs. 117.57pay 405% more per tablet
- Dr. M. K. SinghMBBS, MD
- Dr. Prabhat Kumar JhaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Ashutosh ShuklaMBBS, MD, Diploma, Fellowship
- Dr. Sushila KatariaMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. P. R. AryanMBBS, Diploma
Expert advice for FUROBID
- Be sure to use cefuroxime for the full course of treatment as prescribed by your doctor. If you do not, the medicine may not clear up your infection completely. The bacteria could also become less sensitive to this or other medicines. This could make the infection harder to treat in the future.
- Take cefuroxime tablets after food or milk for optimum absorption.
- Do not drive because you may feel sleepy or dizzy while being treated with cefuroxime.
- Cefuroxime can make birth control pills less effective, which may result in pregnancy. You may need to use another form of birth control during treatment with cefuroxime.
- Do not start or continue the cefuroxime tablets and consult your doctor, If you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for FUROBID
Q.Does cefuroxime/ Ceftum/ Zocef/ Pulmocef contain sulfa or a form of penicillin drug?
Cefuroxime (also available as Ceftum/ Zocef/ Pulmocef) belongs to cephalosporin antibiotics and does not contain sulfa. However, its chemical structure is similar to penicillin
Q.Is cefuroxime gluten free?
Yes. Cefuroxime is gluten free. Please refer to package insert of the prescribed brand before use
Q.Can I take cefuroxime with acetaminophen/ azithromycin/ doxycycline/ ibuprofen/ Nyquil (acetaminophen/ dextromethorphan/ doxylamine/ pseudoephedrine)/ Sudafed (pseudoephedrine hydrochloride)/ Xanax (alprazolam)?
Yes. You can take cefuroxime with acetaminophen/ azithromycin/ doxycycline/ ibuprofen/ Nyquil (acetaminophen/ dextromethorphan/ doxylamine/ pseudoephedrine)/ Sudafed (pseudoephedrine hydrochloride)/ Xanax (alprazolam)
Q.Is cefuroxime safe?
Cefuroxime is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.Is cefuroxime a sulfa drug/ penicillin/ steroid/ an antibiotic?
Cefuroxime is an antibiotic belong to class of medication called as cephalosporin. It is not a steroid and does not contain penicillin or sulpha.