food interaction for FUNGIDERM F
alcohol interaction for FUNGIDERM F
pregnancy interaction for FUNGIDERM F
lactation interaction for FUNGIDERM F
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for FUNGIDERM F
How it works
Common side effects
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for FUNGIDERM F
- CONIDERM F 0.01%/2% CREAM(15 GM cream in tube)Adonis Laboratories Pvt LtdRs. 5/GM of creamRs. 75pay 50% more per GM of cream
- MICOGEL F CREAM(15 GM cream in tube)Cipla LtdRs. 2.87/GM of creamRs. 43save 14% more per GM of cream
- MICOMON F CREAM(15 GM cream in tube)Seagull Labs (I) Pvt LtdRs. 0.96/GM of creamRs. 14.42save 71% more per GM of cream
- Dr. Anuj PallMBBS, MD, PhD, Certification
- Dr. Atula GuptaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Avnish SharmaMBBS, Diploma, Fellowship
- Dr. Shuchi SinglaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Nirupama ParwandaMBBS, MD
Expert advice for FUNGIDERM F
- Do not take fluocinolone, if you are allergic to it or to any other content in the medicine.
- Do not take fluocinolone, if you have any infection in and around your eye; glaucoma (increased pressure inside your eye).
- Inform your doctor before taking the medicine, if you have had herpes infection of the eye in the past.
- Avoid using fluocinolone, if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or breast-feeding.
- Do not drive or operate machinery after taking fluocinolone because it may cause temporary vision blurring.
Frequently asked questions for FUNGIDERM F
Q.Is fluocinolone a steroid?
Yes, fluocinolone is a steroid drug
Q.Is available or sold over the counter?
No, fluocinolone is a prescription drug. It is not available or sold over the counter
Q.Is used for acne or psoriasis?
Fluocinolone is used for skin infections, acne, psoriasis or eye infections
Q.Is fluocinolone safe for infants?
No, fluocinolone is not safe to be used in children less than 18 years of age
Q.Is fluocinolone the same as fluocinonide?
Fluocinolone and fluocinonide are two different drugs belonging to the same class. They are used for the same indications
Q.Can fluocinolone cause hair growth?
Fluocinolone may cause hair growth at the site of application. If you experience any such symptoms, please consult your doctor.
Q.Can miconazole/ Monistat be used for conditions for BV (bacterial vaginosis), ring worms, and urinary tract infections?
Yes, miconazole can be used for BV (bacterial vaginosis). It is used for treatment and prevention of fungal infections of the oral cavity, ring worms and superinfections due to gram-positive bacteria. Miconazole can be taken in rare fungal infections of the urinary tract
Q.Does miconazole cause burning sensation?
Yes, burning sensation on the skin and vaginal burning are common side effects of miconazole
Q.Does miconazole cause dry skin?
No, miconazole is not known to have the side effect to cause drying of skin
Q.Is miconazole safe for babies?
Yes, miconazole is safe for babies. It may be used in nappy rashes and oral fungal infections as advised by your doctor
Q.Is miconazole a steroid?
No, miconazole is not a steroid. It is an imidazole (organic compound) and belongs to class of antifungal agents
Q.Is miconazole same as ketoconazole?
Both miconazole and ketoconazole are antifungal medicines. However, they are prescribed for different type of fungal infections
Q.Can I take miconazole with fluconazole?
Taking two antifungal agents may have additive effect and have pronounced side effects. Patients should follow advice of the doctor regarding its use
Q.Does miconazole work for yeast infections?
Yes, miconazole works for oral and vaginal yeast infections
Q.Does miconazole expire?
Yes, antifungals like miconazole have an expiry date. Read instruction on the pack for the date of expiry
Q.Is miconazole an OTC (over the counter)?
No, miconazole cannot be bought over the counter. It needs prescription of a qualified doctor.