food interaction for FUAL
alcohol interaction for FUAL
pregnancy interaction for FUAL
lactation interaction for FUAL
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for FUAL
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for FUAL
- FLOTRAL 10 MG TABLET(30 tablets in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 11.90/tabletRs. 357pay 49% more per tablet
- ALFOO 10 MG TABLET(30 tablets in strip)Dr Reddy's Laboratories LtdRs. 13.07/tabletRs. 392pay 63% more per tablet
- ALFUSIN 10 MG TABLET(15 tablets in strip)Cipla LtdRs. 12.37/tabletRs. 185.50pay 55% more per tablet
- ZYALFA 10 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Zydus CadilaRs. 10.64/tabletRs. 106.40pay 33% more per tablet
- VELFU 10 MG TABLET(7 tablets in strip)Intas Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 12.86/tabletRs. 90pay 61% more per tablet
- Dr. Khoobsurat NajmaMBBS
- Dr. M. K. SinghMBBS, MD
- Dr. Prabhat Kumar JhaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Ashutosh ShuklaMBBS, MD, Diploma, Fellowship
- Dr. R. S. RawatMBBS, MD
Expert advice for FUAL
- Alfuzosin tablets should be swallowed whole just before bedtime.
- Do not take alfuzosin while driving as it may cause dizziness or fainting.
- If you are undergoing cataract surgery, inform your doctor before surgery that you are using or have previously used alfuzosin.
- If you suffer from drop in blood pressure when getting up from lying position, don’t get up until the symptoms disappear.
- Alfuzosin may cause dizziness, lightheadedness, and fainting, especially when you get up too quickly from a lying position. This is more common when you first start taking alfuzosin. To avoid this problem, get out of bed slowly, resting your feet on the floor for a few minutes before standing up
Frequently asked questions for FUAL
Q.Is alfuzosin/Uroxatral a diuretic, blood thinner, beta blocker, alpha blocker or antibiotic?
Alfuzosin belongs to group of medicines called alpha-blockers. Alfuzosin is not a diuretic, not a blood thinner, is not a beta-blocker, not an antibiotic
Q.Is alfuzosin safe?
Alfuzosin is relatively safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.Is alfuzosin better than tamsulosin?
Alfuzosin and tamsulosin belong to same category of drugs and are equally effective and safe in treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia. Always follow doctor's advice regarding its use
Q.Is alfuzosin generic?
Yes, alfuzosin is a generic drug marketed under brand names like Uroxatral, Afdura, Alfoo, Alfusin, Alfanage, Alfupro, etc
Q.Is alfuzosin gluten free or contain sulfa?
Yes alfuzosin is gluten free. However, please refer to package insert of the prescribed brand before use. It does not contain sulfa
Q.Can I take saw palmetto (fruit extract used to treat symptoms of enlarged prostate) with alfuzosin?
Yes, saw palmetto and alfuzosin can be taken together. Please consult your doctor before use
Q.Does alfuzosin cause constipation, weight gain, hair loss, retrograde ejaculation, erectile dysfunction, or fluctuations in blood pressure?
Alfuzosin may cause constipation, low blood pressure, or retrograde ejaculation. It does not cause weight gain and hair loss when taken as prescribed. Alfuzosin may rarely cause prolonged erection, if it goes untreated, can result in erectile dysfunction
Q.Does alfuzosin lower prostate specific antigen?
Alfuzosin can lower the prostate specific antigen. However the effect may vary with the individual taking the medicine.