Medicine Overview of Fresofol Infusion
Uses of Fresofol Infusion
Fresofol Infusion is used for general Anaesthesia.
Side effects of Fresofol Infusion
Nausea, Headache, Vomiting, Local site pain, Transient apnea, Slow heart rate, Decreased blood pressure.
How to use Fresofol Infusion
Your doctor or nurse will give you this medicine. Kindly do not self-administer.
How Fresofol Infusion works
Fresofol infusion causes a reversible loss of consciousness allowing surgery without pain and distress.
In Depth Information on Fresofol Infusion
Expert advice for Fresofol Infusion
- Inform your doctor if you have or ever had seizures or convulsions, high triglycerides, mitochondrial disease.
- Do not drive or operate machinery for at least 24 hours after you have been treated with propofol, as it may cause dizziness or sleepiness.
- Seek immediate medical attention if you develop allergic reactions: difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
- Tell your doctor if you have heart, breathing, kidney or liver problems.
- Do not consume alcohol before the administration of propofol as it may worsen the side effects.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Special precautions for Fresofol Infusion
Fresofol Infusion may cause excessive drowsiness and calmness with alcohol.
Fresofol Infusion is probably safe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
Fresofol Infusion is probably safe to use during lactation.+more
Limited human data suggests that the drug does not represent a significant risk to the baby....
Fresofol Infusion may make you feel dizzy, sleepy, tired, or+more
decrease alertness. If this happens, do not drive....
Fresofol Infusion is safe to use in patients with kidney disease. No dose adjustment of Fresofol Infusion is recommended.+more
However, talk to your doctor if you have any underlying kidney disease. Use of Fresofol Infusion can cause green discoloration of urine....
However, talk to your doctor if you have any underlying kidney disease. Use of Fresofol Infusion can cause green discoloration of urine.
Fresofol Infusion is probably safe to use in patients with l+more
iver disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Fresofol Infusion may not be needed in these patients. Please consult your doctor....