SALT INFORMATIONFebuxostat(80 mg)
Febuxostat is used to treat painful joint condition (gout) and increased blood uric acid levels (hyperuricemia).
How it works
Febuxostat belongs to a class of medications called xanthine oxidase inhibitors. It works by decreasing the amount of uric acid in the body and thereby preventing gout attacks.
Common side effects
Acne-like rash, Shortness of breath, Chest pain, Increased liver enzyme, Joint pain, Nausea, Weakness or numbness of an arm or leg, Dizzines, Slow or difficult speech
- FEBUTAZ 80MG TABLET(10 tablet in strip)Sun Pharma Laboratories LtdRs. 14.20/tabletRs. 142pay 18% more per tablet
- FEBUSTAT 80MG TABLET(10 tablet in strip)Abbott India LtdRs. 17.55/tabletRs. 175.50pay 46% more per tablet
- FEBURIC 80MG TABLET(10 tablet in strip)Ajanta Pharma LtdRs. 13.50/tabletRs. 135pay 12% more per tablet
- FEBUGET-80 TABLET(10 tablet in strip)Sun Pharma Laboratories LtdRs. 14.20/tabletRs. 142pay 18% more per tablet
- FURIC 80MG TABLET(10 tablet in strip)Lupin LtdRs. 15.95/tabletRs. 159.50pay 33% more per tablet
- Do not start or continue the febuxostat tablets and consult your doctor, If you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or breastfeeding.
- To help prevent attacks, avoid beer, sugary drinks, and foods like red meat, seafood, turkey, asparagus, cauliflower, spinach, and mushrooms.
- You may have an increase in gout symptom flares when you first start taking febuxostat. For best results, keep taking the medication as directed.
Frequently asked questions
Q. Is febuxostat better than allopurinol?
Both are beneficial in treatment of gout. Any drug can be superior as per indication or patient profile.
Q. Is febuxostat a steroid?
No. Febuxostat is not a steroid.
Q. Can I take colchicine with febuxostat?
Yes. colchicine can be taken with febuxostat.
Q. What is Febutaz 40 or feburic 40? Are they safe?
Febutaz 40 and feburic 40 contains febuxostat. If used for approved indication and in appropriate dose, febuxostat is generally safe. Please consult your doctor before taking the drug.
Q. Is febuxostat US FDA approved?
Yes. it is an US FDA approved drug.