Medicine Overview of FOSIROL POWDER
Uses of FOSIROL POWDER
Fosirol powder is used in the treatment and prevention of bacterial infections of urinary tract.
Side effects of FOSIROL POWDER
Abdominal pain, Headache, Diarrhoea.
How to use FOSIROL POWDER
Use this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Check the label for directions before use. It is better to take Fosirol powder empty stomach (1 hour before food or 2 hours after food).
How FOSIROL POWDER works
Fosirol powder is an antibiotic. It works by killing the bacteria that causes infection.
In Depth Information on FOSIROL POWDER
Expert advice for FOSIROL POWDER
- Only one dose of fosfomycin is needed to treat your UTI. Once taken, the medicine will continue to fight the infection.
- The medicine is in powder form that must be mixed with water before using. Do not mix it with hot water and never swallow the medicine in its dry form.
- If you are prescribed with tetracycline, take it at least 2 hours before or after you take fosfomycin.
- Discuss with your doctor if you have diarrhea or any kidney disease.
- Do not drive or operate machinery as fosfomycin may make you dizzy.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Special precautions for FOSIROL POWDER
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
Fosirol powder is probably safe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
Fosirol powder is probably safe to use during breastfeeding. Please consult your doctor.
Caution is advised when driving or operating machinery.
Caution to be advised in patients with impaired renal function.
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
Frequently asked questions for FOSIROL 3GM POWDER
Frequently asked questions for Fosfomycin
Q. Is Fosfomycin a macrolide/sulfa drug/penicillin?
Fosfomycin is not macrolide/sulfa drug/penicillin. It is phosphonic acid derivative antibiotic
Q. Can you take Fosfomycin with penicillin allergy/ does fosfomycin contain penicillin?
Fosfomycon does not contain penicillin and it can be taken with penicillin allergy
Q. Does fosfomycin cover pseudomonas/ klebsiella/ proteus/ group b strep?
Fosfomycin works against pseudomonas, klebsiella and proteus but not against group b strep.
User Submitted Feedback For FOSIROL 3GM POWDER
Patients taking FOSIROL POWDER
Once A Day
Once A Week
Twice A Week
Twice A Day
Twice A Month
How effective is this medicine?
Do you find this medicine expensive?