food interaction for FOSEAL
alcohol interaction for FOSEAL
pregnancy interaction for FOSEAL
lactation interaction for FOSEAL
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for FOSEAL
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for FOSEAL 400 MG TABLET
Patients taking FOSEAL 400 MG TABLET
- 56%Thrice A Day
- 33%Twice A Day
- 11%Four Times A Day
SUBSTITUTES for FOSEAL
- SEVCAR 400 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Emcure Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 24.50/tabletRs. 245save 1% more per tablet
- REVLAMER 400 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 6.80/tabletRs. 68save 72% more per tablet
- ACUTROL C 400 MG TABLET(15 tablets in strip)Intas Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 17.77/tabletRs. 266.48save 28% more per tablet
- SEVBAIT 400 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Panacea Biotec LtdRs. 21.97/tabletRs. 219.70save 11% more per tablet
- ACUTROL 400 MG TABLET(15 tablets in strip)Intas Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 17.14/tabletRs. 257.10save 30% more per tablet
- Dr. Ashutosh ShuklaMBBS, MD, Diploma, Fellowship
- Dr. Sushila KatariaMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. Joy ChakrabortyMBBS, MD
- Dr. R. S. RawatMBBS, MD
- Dr. Kartavya ShahMBBS, DNB
Expert advice for FOSEAL
- if you have allergy to sevelamer.
- if you have problems with bowel motility such as feeling of fullness, urge to vomit (nausea), vomiting, constipation, prolonged loose motions (diarrhea) or pain in the abdomen (symptoms of active inflammatory bowel disease).
- if you have undergone major surgery on your stomach or bowel.
Frequently asked questions for FOSEAL
Q.What is sevelamer carbonate/sevelamer hydrochloride?
Sevelamer is available in 2 forms - Sevelamer carbonate and sevelamer hydrochloride. Both are same in function and used to treat hyperphosphatemia (increased blood phosphate level)
Q.What is role of sevelamer in dialysis?
Sevelamer is used in patient who requires dialysis to remove extra phosphate from the blood. However, it should not be given to patients who are about to undergo dialysis soon.