food interaction for FORTUM ES
alcohol interaction for FORTUM ES
pregnancy interaction for FORTUM ES
lactation interaction for FORTUM ES
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for FORTUM ES
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for FORTUM ES
- FORTUM 2 GM INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Glaxo SmithKline Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 742.86/injectionRs. 742.86pay 229% more per injection
- FORZID 2 GM INJECTION(1 injection in vial)United Biotech Pvt LtdRs. 505/injectionRs. 505pay 124% more per injection
- ORZID 2GM INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Orchid Chemicals & Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 275/injectionRs. 275pay 22% more per injection
- Dr. M. K. SinghMBBS, MD
- Dr. Prabhat Kumar JhaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Ashutosh ShuklaMBBS, MD, Diploma, Fellowship
- Dr. R. R. DuttaMBBS, MD
- Dr. P. R. AryanMBBS, Diploma
Expert advice for FORTUM ES
- Ceftazidime is usually given by a doctor or a nurse as an injection directly into the vein or muscle.
- Do not drive if you feel sleepy or dizzy while being treated with ceftazidime.
- If you are taking birth conrol pills, ceftazidime can make them less effective. Ask your doctor about using a non-hormone method of birth control while taking this drug to avoid pregnancy.
- Do not start or continue the ceftazidime and consult your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for FORTUM ES
Q.Is ceftazidime a sulfa, penicillin or a beta lactam drug?
Ceftazidime does not contain sulfa and is not a penicillin drug. It is beta lactam cephalosporin antibiotic
Q.Is ceftazidime the same as Rocephin?
No, Rocephin is the brand name for ceftriaxone
Q.Is ceftazidime dialyzable?
Yes, ceftazidime is a dialyzable drug
Q.Is ceftazidime and ciprofloxacin compatible?
Yes, ceftazidime and ciprofloxacin are compatible when taken together
Q.What organisms does ceftazidime cover?
Ceftazidime is active against pseudomonas, anaerobes, and staphylococcus bacteria. It may not be effective against methicillin- resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA).
Q.Is ceftazidime nephrotoxic?
No, ceftazidime is not a nephrotoxic drug when given alone but when given along with aminoglycoside antibiotics (gentamicin, tobramycin) or diuretics such as furosemide, it may increase nephrotoxicity.