food interaction for FORMIN PLUS
alcohol interaction for FORMIN PLUS
pregnancy interaction for FORMIN PLUS
lactation interaction for FORMIN PLUS
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for FORMIN PLUS
How it works
Common side effects
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for FORMIN PLUS
- SUGAMET MC 500 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Zydus CadilaRs. 7.12/tabletRs. 71.20pay 32% more per tablet
- REJUMET 500MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Fourrts India Laboratories Pvt LtdRs. 6/tabletRs. 60pay 11% more per tablet
- BIGOMET M 500 MG/750 MCG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 4.65/tabletRs. 46.50save 14% more per tablet
- Dr. Manoj KumarMBBS, MD, Certification
- Dr. Richa ChaturvediMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Neelima MishraMBBS, MD
- Dr. Rajesh KumarMBBS, MD, Diploma, CCT
- Dr. J. K. SharmaMBBS, MD, Fellowship, Fellowship, Fellowship, Fellowship
Expert advice for FORMIN PLUS
- Take the medicine with food to avoid upset stomach.
- Check your blood sugar regularly.
- Do not take metformin in severe diarrhoea or vomiting, or when starting antihypertensive or diuretic therapy or therapy with a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID).
- This medication may cause lactic acidosis (a build-up of lactic acid in the body, which can be fatal).
- Lactic acidosis can start slowly and get worse over time.
- Consult your doctor immediately if you have even mild symptoms of lactic acidosis, such as:muscle pain or weakness,numb or cold arms and legs,trouble breathing,feeling dizzy, stomach pain, nausea, vomiting, slow heart rate.
- Do not take metformin if you need to have any type of x-ray or CT scan using a dye
- You need to get certain kidney function tests done before starting treatment with metformin and regularly thereafter.
- Be careful when taking this drug in combination with insulin or other oral antidiabetics, as it may lead to low blood glucose level (hypoglycemia).
Frequently asked questions for FORMIN PLUS
Q.Is Metformin a birth control pill/ insulin / statin/ banned drug?
Metformin (also available as glyciphage, glycomet, glycomet SR) is an antidiabetic drug used in treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus, particularly in overweight patients, as an adjunct to the diet and exercise
Q.Is metformin safe?
Metformin is generally safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.Can I take metformin forever?
Metformin should be taken at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.Is metformin good for weight loss / weight loss in non-diabetics?
Metformin is used for the treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus, particularly in overweight patients.
Q.What is methylcobalamin/ mecobalamin/Neurokind/ Nurokind OD?
Methylcobalamin (mecobalamin/Neurokind/ Nurokind OD) is an active form of vitamin B12. It is water soluble and orally absorbed. It is found in animal-based foods and in supplement form
Q.Is methylcobalamin the same as cyanocobalamin?
No.Cyanocobalamin is different form of vitamin B12
Q.What is Nurokind G, Nurokind plus, Nurokind Next, Nurokind LC, Nurokind Gold?
Nurokind G contains methylcobalmine and gabapentin. Nurokind plus contains methylcobalamin, folic acid, vitamin B1, vitamin B6 and alfa lipoic Acid. Nurokind Next contains methlcobalamin, alphalipoic acid, benfotiamine, pyridoxine hydrochloride, biotin, folic acid, chromium. NurokindL C contains L-carnitine, L-tartrate, methylcobalamin, folic acid. Nurokind Gold contains ginseng extract, mixed carotene 10%, niacinamide, vitamin B6, methylcobalamin, vitamin D3, refined wheat germ oil, folic acid, elemental calcium, elemental phosphorus, ferrous fumarate, zinc sulfate mono hydrate, elemental magnesium, elemental manganese, elemental copper, elemental iodine, elemental potassium.