food interaction for FONDAFLO
alcohol interaction for FONDAFLO
pregnancy interaction for FONDAFLO
lactation interaction for FONDAFLO
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for FONDAFLO
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for FONDAFLO 2.5 MG INJECTION
Patients taking FONDAFLO 2.5 MG INJECTION
- 57%Once A Day
- 29%Twice A Day
- 14%Twice A Week
SUBSTITUTES for FONDAFLO
- FONDARED 2.5 MG INJECTION(1 ML injection in vial)Dr Reddy's Laboratories LtdRs. 715/ML of injectionRs. 715pay 10% more per ML of injection
- Dr. Rajneesh KapoorMBBS, MD, DNB
- Dr. Hemant GandhiMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Balbir SinghMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. Sumeet SethiMBBS, DNB, DM
- Dr. Tapan GhoseMBBS, DNB, MD, DNB, Fellowship, Fellowship
Expert advice for FONDAFLO
- Do not take fondaparinux, if you are allergic to fondaparinux or any of the other ingredients.
- Doctor’s advice should be considered in case of patients with following history of disease conditions: high blood pressure, stroke, kidney or liver problems, stomach ulcers, or bleed easily; diabetes; or obesity.
- Consult your doctor before using fondaparinux, if you are an elderly patient (above 75 years of age).
- Avoid using fondaparinux, if you are pregnant or breast feeding.
Frequently asked questions for FONDAFLO
Q.How does fondaparinux work?
Fondaparinux belongs to a class of medication called anti-coagulants. It is used for patients who are about to have certain kinds of surgery as well as to prevent clots in the legs (deep vein thrombosis) and lungs (pulmonary embolism). It works by preventing one of the steps of blood clotting thus preventing formation of new clots as well as worsening of the existing clots
Q.Is fondaparinux dialyzable?
Fondaparinux is added to the tube leaving the body during dialysis and hence is dialyzable
Q.Does it affect INR?
INR (international normalized ratio) shows how long it takes for blood to clot when on anticoagulant therapy versus no therapy. Fondaparinux therapy increases INR to 2-3
Q.Is fondaparinux derived pork?
It is not derived from pork but people allergic to pork should not take fondaparinux
Q.Is fondaparinux the same as heparin or lmwh?
Fondaparinux is not the same as heparin orlmwh(low molecular weight heparin)
Q.Is it an anti-coagulant?
Fondaparinux is not the same as heparin or lmwh (low molecular weight heparin) but all of them belong to the same class of medication called anti-coagulants
Q.Is fondaparinux FDA approved for hit?
Fondaparinux is not approved by the FDA for HIT (heparin induced thrombocytopenia)
Q.Does it cause hyperkalemia?
Hyperkalemia i.e. increase in potassium levels in blood may be one of the uncommon side effects of fondaparinux
Q.Is it reversible?
Fondaparinux treatment is not reversible.