food interaction for FOLIC ACID 5MG TABLET
alcohol interaction for FOLIC ACID 5MG TABLET
pregnancy interaction for FOLIC ACID 5MG TABLET
lactation interaction for FOLIC ACID 5MG TABLET
medicine interaction for FOLIC ACID 5MG TABLET
Adequate and well-controlled human studies have shown low or no risk.
SALT INFORMATION FOR FOLIC ACID 5MG TABLET
How it works
Common side effects
COMMON DOSAGE FOR FOLIC ACID 5MG TABLET
Patients taking FOLIC ACID 5MG TABLET
- 85%Once A Day
- 7%Twice A Day
- 4%Once A Week
- 2%Twice A Week
- 2%Thrice A week
- 1%Alternate Day
SUBSTITUTES FOR FOLIC ACID 5MG TABLET
- GOODVIT TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Overseas Healthcare Pvt LtdRs. 1.60/tabletRs. 15.96pay 491% more per tablet
- FOLITAS 5MG TABLET(30 tablets in strip)Intas Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 1.27/tabletRs. 38.15pay 371% more per tablet
- FOLY-ACT TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Morepen Laboratories LtdRs. 1.44/tabletRs. 14.38pay 433% more per tablet
- VITFOL TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Moxy Laboratories Pvt LtdRs. 1/tabletRs. 10pay 270% more per tablet
- FOLICON TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Icon Pharma & Surgicals Pvt LtdRs. 1.90/tabletRs. 19pay 604% more per tablet
Expert advice FOR FOLIC ACID 5MG TABLET
- Do not take folic acid, if you are allergic (hypersensitive) to folic acid or any of the other ingredients.
- Talk to your doctor, if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions FOR FOLIC ACID 5MG TABLET
Q. Does folic acid contain iron?
Folic acid is a component of the B group of vitamins
Q. Can I take folic acid with iron supplement?
It does not contain iron and can be taken with iron supplement
Q. Does vitamin D have folic acid?
Folic acid is a component of the B group of vitamins and it does not have Vitamin D
Q. Is folic acid good for everyone/skin/health/polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS)/hair loss/anemia?
Everyone needs folic acid for good health. It is good for skin, hair, polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) and anemia. However, patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding the use of folic acid
Q. What is Folvite/ Fol123/ Folvite MB tablet used for?
Folvite/ Fol123/ Folvite MB are the trade names for active drug folic acid. Folvite contains only folic acid which is a component of the B group of vitamins. While Fol123/ Folvite MB, in addition to folic acid also has other forms of vitamin B. In addition folic acid is also used for prevention of folate deficiency caused by some medicines (e.g. phenytoin, phenobarbital and primidone used to treat epilepsy), folate deficiency caused by long-term red blood cell damage or kidney dialysis However, patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding the dose and duration of use of folic acid
Q. How long can I take folic acid for?
Always follow the instructions of doctor regarding the dosage and duration
Q. Does folic acid have side effects increase weight/acidity?
Folic acid may have rare side effect like acidity, while it has no known effect on weight gain
Q. Can I take folic acid with birth control?
Folic acid supplementation does not affect birth control, and can be taken if you are suffering from anemia due to folic acid deficiency However, always follow the advice of the doctor regarding the dose and duration of use of folic acid
Q. Can I take folic acid with methotrexate/warfarin/calcium/metformin/antibiotics?
Folic acid may interact with medicines such as methotrexate/sulfonamide antibiotics (sulfasalazine, cotrimoxazole etc). It has no known effect if taken with warfarin/calcium/ metformin.